Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • energy gels
  • meeeee
    Free Member

anyone reccommend any reasonable tasting ones, or are they all much the same?

thinking of trying a box of the maxim oranage + caffiene ones in the 100g pouches as they seem quite good value compared to the single shot types.

vdubber67
    Free Member

torq ones are lovely but a little pricey. High5 ones are nice and cheap as well..

Phatman
    Free Member

mmm… torq ones, yogurty!

Ed2001
    Free Member

Torq are good and I like squeezy ones too, particularly peach n pineapple.

GaryLake
    Free Member

High5 Banana and Strawberry works for me – so sickly and sweet you’re pretty distracted from the general ickiness of gels in general…

GaryLake
    Free Member

Double post :'(

UncleFred
    Free Member

If you can get them Carb Boom are the best tasting Gels on the market. All natural ingredients too. I think they now have a uk distributor.

epo-aholic
    Free Member

torq are the only ones that dont taste like my poo!

Drillski
    Free Member

epo-aholic – Member
    torq are the only ones that dont taste like my poo!

and you would know this because????????
    Sheesh… no wonder you are wearing out toothbrushes!!!!

Drillski

pk-ripper
    Free Member

sis ones are good if you don’t want to drink shitloads of water with them.

Powerbar ones are gross.

Mostly i don’t bother with gels, even for tri’s, as I eat well and use an energy drink rather than water.

atlaz
    Free Member

I’ve tried the SIS gels and the Torq ones and the Torq are much better as they don’t taste like wallpaper paste mixed with Kia-Ora

alwyn
    Free Member

SIS the red ones (smart I think ). They are awesome, I use them for triathlon racing and they give me a real boost.

dobo
    Free Member

i just try to use sis psp22 powder in my drink with the occasional lucazade carbo gel from asda, does me o.k.

the sis smart 1 gels felt like they damn near killed me, my heart rate rocketed when i used this and had heart racing and palpitations for 24hrs after… nasty stuff

epo-aholic
    Free Member

drilski, figure of speech i guess and it wasn’t me who was wearing out toothbrushes! lol

singletrackmind

Torq black cherry gels are my favourite. Sometimes whizz a couple into my camalbak bladder as they taste so good it encourages me to drink more.

They do a caffeine / Guarana versin that is abit full on , keep it in reserve for that 3 am lap or if someone on a group rides bonks spectaculaly.

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

whatever you do don’t get the sis one with fruit bits in, tropical i think. the texture is so bad its incredible.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘energy gels’ is closed to new replies.