Viewing 7 posts - 81 through 87 (of 87 total)
  • energy foods??
  • Gary_M
    Free Member

Well, the thing is that he is eating them because he is hungry,

Is he hungry though, or does he just think he’s hungry? I’d suggest it’s just habit, does exercise, feels dizzy as that’s what always happens, etas chocolate, stops feeling ‘dizzy’, magic chocolate has worked.

The whole thing is just a habit that can be stopped with a bit of rational thought and determination.

Oh and fasted riding works well for me which I usually do around March to get rid of the last remaining winter bulk.

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

Molly, I respect and have taken useful pointers from your posts on this subject but aren’t you over-thinking this?

Replacing sugary snacks with better options of high satiety/low GI value is the way to go. After the OP’s sussed that he can look at the nuances of LCHF and fasted exercise etc.

timidwheeler

Except it’s wrong. Lifting weights isn’t going to mean you have more muscle mass unless you do it consistently and in a calorific surplus.

No, it’s factually correct.

However I assumed that it was blindingly obvious, that to have any significant effect, there would need to be more than one workout. Thank you for clarifying.

jimjam
    Free Member

timidwheeler – Member

Except it’s wrong. Lifting weights isn’t going to mean you have more muscle mass unless you do it consistently and in a calorific surplus.

No, it’s factually correct. [/quote]

Go ahead and increase your muscle mass on a calorie controlled diet. Post pics in 6 months.

molgrips
    Free Member

Molly, I respect and have taken useful pointers from your posts on this subject but aren’t you over-thinking this?

In respect to the OP – not really.. all I did was offer some things he may wish to try. I am advocating experimenting to find out what works. First thing I said was to put the chocolate down.

jonnyboi

If ever a thread needing splitting this is it!.

1. OP just needs to cut the shite out of his diet and not necessarily reduce calories – GIGO

2. there’s an interesting conversation to be had about aerobic exercise and lean muscle mass impacting resting metabolic rate. also the importance of refuelling after exercise to ward off the harmful effects of glycogen depletion.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

And when that leaves you feeling weak, what should you do?

Crumble and have a can of coke?

Also, you won’t have more muscle mass after doing a 1000 calorie weights session. You will have more muscle mass after you’ve fuelled your body with enough protein and your muscles have had enough rest to rebuild and grow.

Viewing 7 posts - 81 through 87 (of 87 total)

The topic ‘energy foods??’ is closed to new replies.