Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Energy drinks
  • mikey74
    Free Member

I am off to Canada in a few weeks and was going to take a bottle of my usual SIS Go powder, but I am not overly keen on taking a 1.6kg bottle with me.

Does anyone know of a product similar to SIS Go (i.e. with electrolytes and energy) that comes in tablet form?

Thanks.

WTF
    Free Member

They sell SIS stuff in 40g sachets if that helps ?

TooTall
    Free Member

Lucozade plus a Mars Bar?

Canada – not exactly the 3rd world – I bet they do something there you know.

mikey74
    Free Member

Canada – not exactly the 3rd world – I bet they do something there you know.

Yes I know, but I don’t really want to spend my time hunting around stores trying to find a suitable energy drink.

julianwilson
    Free Member

…and SIS Go comes in 500g bottles too. A tablet ‘preparation’ will not fit much in the way of energy as the dextrose has a certain volume/weight: think of a 50g dose of SIS Go as being like a crushed-up golf-ball-sized/shaped tablet, and imagine how much fewer calories a little fizzy table will fit in. Diluted fruit juice plus nuun tablets might be a good alternative (I quite like it) but if it was me I would go for a few 40g sachets or 500g of a drink I knew I got on well with.

btw sis go is also excellent for hangovers 😀

reggiegasket
    Free Member

just put some GO in a smaller tub…

andywhit
    Free Member

Just put the required quantity of the SIS white powder in an unlabelled clear plastic bag and take it on the plane as hand luggage. If you’re tight on space then I’ve heard a tip that you can tape the bag to your body.

😉

mikey74
    Free Member

just put some GO in a smaller tub…

but I need enough for nearly 3 weeks of riding, which is the problem. If I take the powder version I’ll need one 1.6kg bottle as well as a 500g bottle.

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

Buy Gatorade when you are there from any supermarket. Cheap, tasty, does the job.

GNARGNAR
    Free Member

The entire country basically revolves around outdoor sports, unlike our backward little rocks. You’ll have no problem hunting down a suitable equivalent.

Jamie
    Free Member

I’m sure they sell bananas in Canada.

TooTall
    Free Member

Do you think the internet goes that far? Someone could probably do some sort of research if it did. That would be awesome!

sheldona
    Free Member

We found the below worked well at the weekend at it was in a kind of tablet form 🙂

Gary_M
    Free Member

try motortabs – come in tablet form, work well for me. But would be better just buying some energy drink when you get there.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Energy drinks’ is closed to new replies.