Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Energy caps, oooh the ironing
  • votchy
    Free Member

Not sure if there is already a thread as didn’t look sorry, if so mods please close

Just read the BBC piece where TM harping on about how unfair it is for energy companies not to reward loyalty TM and her ironing……HELLO where have you been for the last couple of decades? This is not uncommon, no reward for loyalty with insurance, mobile phones, TV, broadband etc etc….and the extra ironing is who privatised all these things because we all know competion lowers increases prices 😀

binners

I wouldn’t worry. It’ll just be quietly dropped like every other policy she’s ever proposed

footflaps

I wouldn’t worry. It’ll just be quietly dropped like every other policy she’s ever proposed

I’m hoping she drops Brexit pretty soon….

zippykona

I’m hoping she drops dead.

P-Jay
    Free Member

zippykona – Member
    I’m hoping she drops dead.

Sometimes it’s better the devil you know – May goes, who steps in? Boris, Davis? The other centralist Tories seemed to die off during the last leadership battle leaving her, and a bunch of nutters.

Same with the US, Trump is a **** disaster, but at least everyone can spot it a mile off – I honestly think he’s only got this far without a serious attempt to impeach him because Mike Pence is, if anything, worse.

footflaps

Same with the US, Trump is a **** disaster, but at least everyone can spot it a mile off

I’d normally agree, but this one is quite likely to start a Nuclear war in the not too distant future….

hooli

I am always a bit surprised when something like this comes up, surely the government have bigger stuff to worry about?

For me it is a bit of a non issue, if I am worried about my energy deal then I check one of the many comparison sites and move supplier. If I am not worried, I leave it where is is and I know I am paying a few quid a month more.

Same for car/house/life insurance, breakdown cover, boradband, gym, telly etc.

binners

They won’t actually do anything. There won’t be any type of price cap. This is an exercise in making it look like you’re doing something. And that’s something quite different

Theresa likes doing this. See also: workers on company boards, grammar schools, anything else she’s ever said, really

Its tomorrows’ headlines, then she gets to spout some old shite about fighting injustice and sticking up for the ‘Just About Managing’, then a couple of weeks later it’s quietly dropped.

She must think we’ve all just fallen out of a ****ing tree 🙄

kcal

binners, have you been eavesdropping on my wife’s lunchtime sounding off – that’s almost exactly what she said (and I agree with most of above). I suppose some groups are more vulnerable and feel powerless on energy, e.g. my mum would never think of swapping out.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

She must think we’ve all just fallen out of a ****ing tree

Indeed, rather we’ve watched every government or opposition party of any colour under various leaders do it since the year dot. It’s nothing new or defining, rather it would be a huge surprise if she didn’t do it.

oldmanmtb
    Free Member

Don’t worry about Donald the nuclear code he has is abc123….

Pence has the proper code

jonahtonto
    Free Member

Don’t worry about Donald the nuclear code he has is abc123….

The overide code for the nuclear weapons launch in the US was 00000000 for nearly 2 decades

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/4386784

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

Come on guys you’ve been thrown a bone, you can get it cheaper as long as you commit to a contract, not dissimilar to those for mobile phones. In other words crumbs off the table, playing the game by their rules and not the lower unit prices you actually want.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Energy caps, oooh the ironing’ is closed to new replies.