Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • enduro/FR/DH near London ?
  • razorjack
    Free Member

Hi,
    I’m gonna live in London for a while (i think in west London (as my company is in Fulham) and i’m fan of extreme riding 🙂 enduro/fr/dh.
    I’m looking for some bike parks, i found a map: http://www.essexhertsmtb.co.uk/mtb-trails.php
    it looks there are some DH tracks (Swinley, Aston Hill, North Downs) a few more ?
    my question is, is there any uplift service? or you need to push your dh rig back up to a hill?
    or maybe it’s better to have an enduro/fr bike with uphill capabilities (or enduro e-bike 🙂 ) ? (like 160-170mm travel bike – SC Nomad3, NukeProof Mega, Banshee Rune).
    I like jumps (but not too dirty – not too much up :), some gaps (up to 3-4 meters), drops etc.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Rogate

Aston Hill as you say

Plenty of such features in the Surrey Hills/North Downs, many well hidden so you’d need to be shown them

You can go on a Nirvana Freeride from their shop in Westcott

For what you want Swinley doesn’t offer much

Enduro bike best as no uplifts

If you want an uplift you need to go to Wales really

br
    Free Member

my question is, is there any uplift service? or you need to push your dh rig back up to a hill?

Uplift? For less than 100 vertical metres…

br
    Free Member

also Chicksands

kimbers

all push up really

aston to the north has the only place where a DH bike is worthwhile, but not necessary
    some fun to be had at chicksands, 4x, jumps, drops etc
    woburn has some good lines for jumps lots of xc
    swinley has a few fr type runs but really its xc
    north downs has some good stuff, not to justify a dh bike
    some good local stuff around hampshire, QECP has some xc stuff and the odd tough line
    http://www.gravityproject.co.uk/ run a good race series, check out their venues for mini dh parks , the last race even claimed brendog- he had a quality otb!

tbh youll get more fun out of an enduro bike, unless you fancy a regular 2-3hr drive to cwmcarn etc

brakes
    Free Member

in the 9 years I’ve lived in London I’ve gone from rad FR rider to lycra’d up roadie – mainly because of the accessibility of decent trails.

Rorschach
    Free Member

behind nationwide?

razorjack
    Free Member

probably at some weekends i will choose South Wales (Cwmcarn) by a car.

smatkins1
    Free Member

There’s PORC.

Most of London seems to descend on the Surrey Hills at the weekend.

kimbers

oh yeah PORCs good, but theyve just made a lot of the doubles into tabletops, not sure about the river crossing tho!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘enduro/FR/DH near London ?’ is closed to new replies.