Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Enduro1 – Grogley.
  • jam-bo

Anyone going?

stevede
    Free Member

Me, I am 😀 really looking forward to this one, nice to have an enduro a bit more local than normal. Some top notch trails in all 3 of the woods, bring it on.

jam-bo

Never been. Thinking about going for a recce next Thursday. Any route tips?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    stevede
    Free Member

All the main trails in grogley share the same start point which you get to by snaking your way up the fireroad, there are a good few tracks in there. Bishops wood is just up the road, there are a couple of cracking trails in there that have recently gone in. You can either ride over there or drive up from grogley. Hustyns is opposite bishops, I’m not as familiar with hustyns although there are a few decent runs in there. I may be available next week, give me a shout closer to the time if you want showing round. Failing that every inch of the place is on bloody strava!

jam-bo

signed up last night. hope the things stay relatively dry. Hows it hold up in the wet?

will let you know if we are coming over next week. a guide would be helpful.

jam-bo

Got a couple of hours in tonight, two runs down stage 1 and one down stage 5.

Hope this rain doesn’t hit it too hard or it’s gonna be interesting on Sunday.

Epic lightning storm driving back over Bodmin moor…

Burchy1
    Free Member

Not a dig at you but Carlos who organises the series markets it as racing blind (i.e. no practise or route published), but then marks out the stages 3 days in advance giving people who can get there a chance to practise.

Needs to decide either way really.

stevede
    Free Member

It’s the same with the mini enduros, one day events but the course is usually taped by the Friday so come Sunday all the locals or people with more spare time/free weekends rather than just Sundays can get the tracks squared away. The stages aren’t all taped at grogley and the other 2 woods being used so don’t get too stressed out. You’re in for a treat though as all the tracks in those woods are good fun. I’m there as often as most locals and its an hours drive for me, expensive but there’s nothing like it as far down west as I am so happy to make the trip regularly.
    Jam bo – think I saw you and a couple of mates at the bottom, not many st 4’s about these days! I was on the hardtail tonight (ti slackline) but my alpine 160 will be back out to play on Sunday!

jam-bo

Managed to get off the hill before the worst of the rain hit. Last run down was interesting down an unfamiliar track in the dark and rain. Good practice I reckon.

Hard to tape a course that long on the day of the event and locals will always have some advantage. I know triscombe quite well, does that mean I should have a handicap for that round?

jam-bo

Another thing. I reckon parking is going to be chaos on Sunday. Looks an easy ride in from the big camel trial car park just outside Bodmin. Worth doing?

Burchy1
    Free Member

I know triscombe quite well, does that mean I should have a handicap for that round?

I didn’t say it was the fault of the riders though did I, if you’ve got the time to go and ride there, and its marked out its fair game (i did the same thing at the Haldon round). They are probably just better off saying practise is open on the Saturday and giving everyone the opportunity.

Looking forward to it though, as it’s a good place to ride. I was thinking of doing the same with the parking, either there or the Grogley Halt carpark.

jam-bo

They are probably just better off saying practise is open on the Saturday and giving everyone the opportunity.

My guess is it’ll be pretty busy there Saturday with people riding the route. The two stages I rode yesterday were pretty much existing tracks apart from a couple of linking sections I think.

No idea what the other stages will be like and especially after 100+ riders on them. I’m leaving pretty much dead last so could be nicely dried out or complete carnage.

Simonpieman
    Free Member

The situation sucks if you can only spare one day or have only planned on one day.

Its also total confusion. Rules say no pre riding but if it’s taped 3 days before and there is no one around to enforce it. It actually wouldn’t bother me if the format was to allow a practice lap on Sunday but this seems really unfair.

Is Saturday now a practice day?

No spirit of Enduro here.. Or maybe there is.

jam-bo

The way I read the rules it was no pre-riding on the day of the event.

Worst of the rain went east last night so hoping it’ll stay dry.

jam-bo

Good day out that. Only injury of the day was snagging my arm
    On a rose briar on one of the transitions.

Could have gone a bit faster I reckon but caught my lead rider on five stages out of five. Passed about 6 on stage 3.

Roll on triscombe…

stevede
    Free Member

Glad you enjoyed it mate, was a good day in the saddle. Gutted I’ll be back sweating in the Middle East for the triscombe round 🙁

jam-bo

Pretty impressed with those woods, someone’s done a shit load of work up there. I never knew despite on being 45mins away.

Simonpieman
    Free Member

What an Awesome location for a race, great day riding bikes on good trails!

Can’t believe we escaped the rain , I just relaxed in the end, would have ridden quicker if I had pre ridden but didn’t spoil the enjoyment.

jam-bo

Anyone seen any photos online. Seen a few from alex law on roots and rain but he seemed to get all the riders around me but not me.

There was a baying mob on that steep corner on the last stage near the end….still not sure how i got through clean but rode out the other side laughing the right side up.

jam-bo

http://sportident.co.uk/results/2014/Enduro1-Bodmin/

results are up. 7th in sport, time to move up to the big boy class I reckon…

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Enduro1 – Grogley.’ is closed to new replies.