Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Enduro1 Forest of Dean
  • kimbers

start times are up

whos going,

forecast is looking good

if i wear a bright green bell stoker, do you think ill stand out?

http://www.enduro1.co.uk/race1-2015.php

prezet
    Free Member

Yep, myself and a few mates are racing.

I did consider switching groups from competitive to sport, as my fitness is lagging a bit and a bit worried about making the transition times. In the end I was told to man up.

jam-bo

If it’s anything like the laat quantocks round, the transition times in competitive are pretty tight with a good number of pointless fireroad slogging thrown in for good measure.

scottfitz
    Free Member

good number of pointless fireroad slogging thrown in for good measure.

that’s enduro1

andyrm
    Free Member

Looking forward to it – should be a good round 🙂

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

First bit of enduroing of the year for me.

Hopefully I got my racing like a nob phase out of my system last weekend 🙂

kimbers

Stage one is a long stage with a short sharp uphill sprint so the winner of the stage will receive the king of the hill award of £50 cash!

I have given you extra time for stage 3 so it is my time plus 5mins for a mechanical plus
    another 5mins to check out the start of the stage as there is a very steep drop and a
    chicken run alternative so please make sure you look at it. If you don’t have time to do
    so then take the chicken run option unless you are an elite downhiller!

😆

Id really like it if Carlos would bring back the no dab skills stages myself, I used to ride them with the ‘kickstart’ themetune in my head

also what outfit does the timing dobber demo guy have on?

kimbers

woohoo dry all week, no rain for the weekend, its gonna be hardpack dustfest 😉

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Of course it was, I put the mud tyres on earlier this week. Guaranteed scorcher for the next few months now!

prezet
    Free Member

Haha. Was debating tyre choice – might stick with my mary/dampf combo.

chrishc777
    Free Member

I’m in! travelling up tonight, we’ve booked the entire hostel out for the weekend, uplift tomorrow, race Sunday. I foolishly registered under Sport thinking it was the harder cat, like in the QECP ones but it seems I don’t even get start times now, just ‘be there before it closes’ 🙁

prezet
    Free Member

You might be able to change cats if you email Carlos. We’ll be up there tomorrow afternoon playing around.

chrishc777
    Free Member

Email sent, hopefully he’ll have time to sort it. Pretty sure he’ll be busy with more important stuff but there are some empty spots on the bottom of the comp class on the spreadsheet so it shouldn’t be too complicated

orena45

I’m taking part. Heading up tomorrow and dropping in on the Steve Peat Bike Bonanza ride at Ashton Court, then onwards to the campsite.

Looking forward to the first race of the season, but training has been a nightmare recently with house-move prep and a seriously unlucky run of consecutive ride ending mechanicals 😥 Am hoping all the bad luck is out of the way now and I can get some good riding in for once!

prezet
    Free Member

Out of interest what are you guys opting for in terms of helmets? Full face, half or carrying both?

chrishc777
    Free Member

I’ve got the full face for uplift tomorrow and the open lid for the race, I don’t think I’ll die..

orena45

Just bought a MET Parachute so gonna wear that to see what it’s like pedalling about in..

lbjones
    Free Member

Im in! And replacement freehub arrived from Superstar this morning so will have a working rear wheel as well! Wooooohhooooooo.

Just got to re-paint the cow spots and Im sorted…..

kimbers

right swapped my hr on the rear for an ardent, was an absolute pig to get set up tubeless for some reason so ill bet its sloppy as fk now

Hopk1ns
    Free Member

Just in case people have not seen Carlos’s email – anyones found riding the course on saturday will be labelled a cheat. Its not allowed.

kimbers

boom!

that was a top day

good work carlos

apart from that bastard climb i loved it all some nice fun stages

jim25

Yep, same here, greatcdayscracing today and I beat all my mates. Which of course what it’s all about!

jam-bo

Did you get the rain?

jim25

Not really, was a light drizzle for an hour or so, then stopped for the afternoon

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

I enjoyed that. Not a bad (provisional) result either.

2 months now to get properly fit 🙂

lbjones
    Free Member

Good day out that, only exception being stage 1 which was an absolute pig. For those who weren’t there picture a full on xc climb in the middle of the stage! Not fun at all. Stages got better from there though, god mix as well considering the amount of races Ive done at FOD, no stage was the same as a previous race which was good.

Had an interesting moment catching a rider on stage 1 at the same time as the guy behind caught me up, think we all lost a fair bit of time there!

kimbers

results up
    http://www.sportident.co.uk/results/2015/Enduro1-ForestOfDean/competitive_individuals.html

felt like id done better than 95th!

still. stage 1 was my weak link for sure

orena45

72nd overall, 31st in Masters for me. Not too bad considering my lack of training and a terrible final stage but plenty of room for improvement for Grogley in May.

The stage 1 climb was a killer but a great range of trails to test through out the day.

Much respect to the guy on the Commencal Meta V4 who broke a pedal on stage 1 and carried on just using the spindle!

v666ern
    Free Member

i take it it didnt follow the usual enduro trail?
    Did it take in Y2k and elephant man descent / anyone got a screen grab/gpx of the route

michaelonabicycle
    Free Member

Elephant man was used. Y2K was not this time.

chrishc777
    Free Member

https://www.rootsandrain.com/photos/862885
    Pretty much sums up my day. Crashing 4 times and still not finishing last was good enough a result for me!

orena45

^^^ best timed photo of the day 😀
    (Hope it didn’t hurt?!)

chrishc777
    Free Member

Nah, nice soft loamy landings. After going down once on the first stage I thought I’d go all in!

jim25

Ha! Cool pic, annoyingly looks like my epic stage one crash was missed

chrishc777
    Free Member

Was that on the chute just before the end of stage 1? that’s where I first went down

kimbers

Shame there was no photographer at the ‘pro dh line’ at the start of stage 3

Did anyone crash there? Wasn’t too bad but I saw a couple of people nearly hit the stump then tree at the bottom,

I certainly blew thru my fork travel !

orena45

My race report (including meeting Steve Peat the day before!) if anyone wants to pass a few minutes on their lunch break..

Enduro 1 FoD Rnd 1 – Westcoast MTB

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘Enduro1 Forest of Dean’ is closed to new replies.