Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Enduro World series Tweed valley – which trails?
  • fergal
    Free Member

It’s not exactly mountainous or gnarly, where do you reckon they will ride?

Northwind

Not gnarly? Some of the stages they’ve come up with in the past have been bloomin terrifying! Think we struggle for altitude mind but not challenge.

legend
    Free Member

You assuming Innerleithen then NW?

The trails at Inners would certainly be better/harder, but I don’t know if the EWS would want the facilities that Glentress offers?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    GHill

Didn’t Tracy Moseley comment that one of the recent Tweed enduros had more challenging stages than she’d seen at the EWS?

BoardinBob

Both, with plenty to link them up, like Gypsy Glen

flyingmonkeycorps

Stage 4 from Tweedlove last year (in Cademuir) certainly wasn’t easy!

legend
    Free Member

Gypsy Glen descent is far from a challenge though, it’s just a flat out (grin inducing) blast

Northwind

@Legend- I reckon stage 4 at Cademuir last year was nastier than the inners stuff… But who really knows? It’s a long way away and the Tweedlove guys don’t go for half measures, if they can’t find the trails they want they’ll make ’em 😉

legend
    Free Member

Sounds interesting! I was down at the UKGE at Hamsterley instead where the going was…….. well it was a bit tame really

t-p26
    Free Member

You planning some secret practice then smoking the pros?… Its not going to happen 😉

KingofBiscuits
    Free Member

S4 this year was very difficult and a little beyond my skill level and confidence to ride quickly. More death grip braking 🙂 Think Alpine switchbacks but with the trees only a DH bar width apart.

Gary Forest, the eventually winner blitzed through S4 pretty quickly and he’s not in the top 10 of EWS (as far as I know).

I hope there will still be plenty of places for numpties like me to ride the event next year. Will there be separate Pro and Amateur groups? From what I remember a lot of the sponsored pro rideers went early this year i.e 9am start. Maybe earlier.

kimbers

hopefully UKGE wont clash with tweedlove and the EWS next year, but I think Parr is a bit annoyed

id certainly like to ride both

Taz

There is heaps of very challenging stuff in the area. Some of the trails on Caberston, which I think is where Moseley passed comment on, would challenge most riders to ride flat out, especially if wet (it’s Scotland!!). Lot of variety as well.

Throw in a couple of mid stage climbs / traverses and it will be plenty long enough.

My guess would be if you found last years event technically tough this year will be a step up again (total speculation on my part)

richmtb

at one of the Enduro events in Inners recently a guy podiumed on a V-10.

So plenty of challenging stuff available especially in the wet

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Spooky Wood, Caddon Bank, the bit back to the car park at Glentress and maybe a loop through the skills park – should sort them all out 🙂 Failing that make them ride the road in between not that would be gnarly

glupton1976
    Free Member

There are hunners of potential lines in and around GT that will challenge the pros. If you haven’t found the steeper parts of the forest then you haven’t been looking very far.

legend
    Free Member

Steep at Gt isn’t as steep at Inners/Cademuir unless there are super secret trails that I haven’t seen

Northwind

T-Mo would probably have been referring to the UKGE round at innerleithen btw.

legend
    Free Member

EWS on Pro Spacker? Should be the right level for them…..

athgray
    Free Member

Does anyone know if they are planning 2 enduros during Tweedlove? Is King/Queen of the Hill going to take place seperately?

phatstanley
    Free Member

Steep at Gt isn’t as steep at Inners/Cademuir unless there are super secret trails that I haven’t seen

there’s bits n’ bobs that remain that are fairly steep…
    e.g. if you turn right on the forest road after the b!tch, there’s a couple that dip into the trees on the left (one a remnant of an older longer trail, before the last bit of logging…)

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Enduro World series Tweed valley – which trails?’ is closed to new replies.