Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • 'Enduro' trousers or light DH trousers?
  • groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

Seen a few guys on the EWS coverage wearing what look like quite lightweight DH trousers and i quite fancy something similar.

I’ve found the Fox ones online (Fox Flexair Pant) but they’re bit expensive and only come in a very ‘Enduro Bro’ Blue/Yellow colour scheme!

Anyone else have a recommendation for a lightweight riding pant with more subtle colouring/styling?

gelert
    Free Member

I ride a lot in Alpinestars All Mountain Pants. They’re all black too so go with any top.

I wear them in winter to fend off the worst of the wetness although sometimes I just go in shorts too and get wet! Then there’s a brief period where it’s shorts until the trails close in with gorse, nettles, bracken and brambles and I ride in them all summer. When I go to a Trail Centre though I might use shorts again if I think it’s a wide trail.

I could do with a size smaller. They’re hard to come by though.

I wear knee pads under them.

I’ve looked at some other more DH pants but they don’t always have pockets. I like to keep my phone in one and my house key + haribos in the other nicely zipped up plus the colours on the DH pants are shocking.

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

Thanks gelert- I’d seen the alpinestars too. How do they size up? I got the impression they might have been closer to a waterproof trouser than some of the others?

legend
    Free Member

Madison Addict trews work for me

hairyscary

My mate uses Troy Lee Design Sprint trousers regularly on winter rides. He reckons they are fine for normal riding, not just DH use.

rOcKeTdOg

Are they made in Hebden?

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

OP what did you go for?

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

howsyourdad I’ve not got anything yet! You looking as-well? What do you reckon?

Dilwyn
    Free Member

I’ve got some specialized demo DH pants which are really lightweight and have stretch panels. They are also water repellent. Well worth a look if you can find them.
    I do always feel a bit middle aged going for an xc ride in long trousers though.

stumpy120
    Free Member

Can you fit knee pads under any of these?

Dilwyn
    Free Member

I can get my Dh knee pads under the specialized pants as the knees are stretch fabric. Trail style knee pads would have plenty of room.

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

Dilwyn those Demo pants are the first ones I saw actually and they look great but don’t seem to be readily available at the moment apart form 30inch waist….

Dilwyn
    Free Member

Try Pearce cycles. They are my local shop. They had some on their trade stand at their downhill race last weekend. Not sure of sizes though. They are a ‘snug’ fit.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Hi OP no I got some copy Troy lees from China last season, no pockets….. I’m on the lookout though

orangeorange
    Free Member

Anybody tried the POC DH shorts at all ?
    Thinking of buying a pair,but at £100 it seems a lot on cash for a pair of shorts.
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/poc-resistance-dh-shorts-2017/rp-prod153711

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Only guys i know who use those are sponsored

gelert
    Free Member

@groundskeeperwilly they’re definitely a nice material with stretch panels and air vents in them.

I reckon the sizing is spot on on the Alpinestars AM Pants.

I’ve lost weight! I’ve ended up with two pairs size 34, couldn’t find any 32s when I wanted new ones. They have adjusters and just about hold up on me. The 32s would be much better for me.

I fit any of my knee pads under them.

50km rides in summer bramble bashing no problem. They’re great in -5 too.

They’re not waterproof though. They obviously keep the worst off really well but it does get you in the end.

nedrapier

Orange, I’ve got the lite enduro version. I like them a lot. Found them on sale at CRC. They’re nice for £60, good fit, comfy fabric, feel light to pedal in, pockets could be just a sneak bigger.

I think £60 is about my limit for shorts. But thinking about it, the difference between a £100 pair of shorts and a £100 pair of trousers is only really 2 tubes of material and 5 feet of stitching. All the complex stuff: the fit, pockets, fastenings and detail is all above the knee.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘'Enduro' trousers or light DH trousers?’ is closed to new replies.