Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Enduro sl bearings
  • goose75
    Free Member

Hi I’m in the process of changing the suspension bearings on my 2008 enduro sl. I’m attempting to change the BB Pivot bearings 6802 rs. I have got the nut off (19mm socket) but cant seem to get the pivot axel out ?
    I’ve tried knocking it through from non drive chain side but it wont budge.
    Is there something i’m missing ?

Any help would be much appreciated

crofts2007
    Free Member

non-drive side bearing rusted/siezed onto shaft?
    releasing spray, let it soak a while?

bill-oddie
    Free Member

looks similar to the set up on my pitch. the same thing happened with mine, i used 3 in 1 penetrating oil left over night then applied more. I still had to support the frame on some wooden blocks and smash the thing out with a hammer. i had to hit it really hard and it made a horrible sound.

for the bearings i had to use a massive vice to press them out.

edsbike
    Free Member

Chain device in the way?

It should just bash out, keep going at it, just use something softer between hammer and end of the axle as it’s alloy.

oopnorth
    Free Member

I know when I changed the bearings on my 08 enduro, I had to give it more hammer action than felt right. Sorry i can`t give you more technical info, just protect everything if using a hammer, as mentioned above. I also used some wooden blocks to lay the frame on to give it something to push against.

goose75
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies, checked with a few Specialized service dealers nearby
    and I’m getting all 12 bearing fitted for £45 😀

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Enduro sl bearings’ is closed to new replies.