• This topic has 49 replies, 31 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by benp1.
Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • 'Enduro' Riders / Racers – Is this a bum bag?
  • SirHC

The ones who were wearing backpacks who normally don’t (Richie Rude) would be doing so to ensure they have enough spares to continue racing to ensure they keep the overall position. Some bikes don’t allow you to carry a water bottle, so a backpack will be a necessity.

Northwind

I like that Nike belt, cheers!

BoardinBob

Finale was two monstrously big days going by a friend’s strava.

Day 1 was 30 miles and 6,900ft
    Day 2 was 31 miles and 6,200ft

beano68
    Free Member

I used the Camelbak Palos at this years Ard Moors and it was no bother at all. Just used it to carry my water only and wore a swat bib to carry my spares.

If fitted correctly the Palos doesn’t move at all and I don’t even notice wearing it.

fr0sty125
    Free Member

I’m riding a lot with just a running bum bag and bottle in a cage at the moment. Not sure if that will change when winter hits.

For local rides I carry phone, money and snack, no tools. Did 42km like this on Sunday no problems.

For shorter Enduro races like PMBAs I think I would take a multi tool, tube, powerlink and co2.

Longer races like Ard Rock and big rides in the Lakes and Peaks I took a backpack.

martinhutch

I’m a bumbag convert now – for day rides I tend to have a couple of bottles and the minipump on the bike and can fit food, tube, shell jacket, tiny amount of first aid, multitool, chainlinks, phone and asthma puffer (evidence of TUE can be provided) in a relatively small bag. I hardly notice it when it’s on, and it makes longer rides so much more comfortable.

http://www.outdoors-online.uk.com/p/6462/Lowe-Alpine-Lightflite-Hydro-Pack?gclid=CjwKEAjw-Oy_BRDg4Iqok57a4kcSJADsuDK1t_FcWC8mGM_PXFc5r37O3S4nTIG3N5oJVkJ_7zL_kRoCvGvw_wcB

I don’t bother with the bottle in there now, didn’t want to end up poking myself with it if I fell off. I regret the colour, but that’s getting fixed by all the cow shite I keep riding through. 🙂

ART

Seriously flirting with the idea of a bumbag for shorter rides having used them loads years ago. This thread is not helping.

Alpha1653

Just bought a Raceface Rip Strip for £20 from CRC and must admit that I’m impressed. I can fit 1 x tube, 2 x levers, 2 x canisters, 1 x multitool, small bag of links, puncture patches, zip ties, iPhone 5 and some first aid stuff (enough to make a decent compressions dressing to stop a bleed, not just a couple of plasters). A water bottle on the bike and I’m sorted, plus it’s so flat against my back that it fits under my jacket/jersey. Highly recommended.

stevemuzzy
    Free Member

I have a race face stash tank. Great thing that fits under a jersey and holds loads of stuff, including a bladder. Not cheap but way nicer than a pack on a toasty day. Winter i just use a pack…

benp1

The only time my camelbak gets an outing is for a big off road ride or when I really don’t want anything on the frame – e.g. trail centre

All last winter I was using a bottle on the frame and a bumbag, which I can fit all my stuff into

I’ve been using my existing bikepacking bags on my rigid bike for local pootles
    – Wildcat Tomcat for random bits like phone, keys
    – Revelate Tangle for gilet/jacket, pump, snacks
    – Revelate Jerrycan for spare tube and tools

It’s been lovely riding without anything on my back, although I didn’t really mind the bumbag (and I’ll revert to that if I take another bike)

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘'Enduro' Riders / Racers – Is this a bum bag?’ is closed to new replies.