Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Enduro Rebuilt
  • I_Ache
    Free Member

Thought I would post a pic or two on here of my rebuilt Spech Enduro.
    Yes I am fond of posting pics of my bike but why be restrained I say.

Ok then so the bike started off its life with me as a rather drab frankenbike.

Then as it pushed my riding forward it progressed into a harder bike with longer forks (66rc) and a DHX Air.

After deciding that the medium frame was a bit on the short side for me I swapped it out for a large which was then powdercoated in a much more vibrant colour and had a TFT Vanilla R fitted.

Now after destroying the rear rim on a DH day at Cannock Chase I changed the rims and colour coded the saddle. In this time I managed to snag a deal with Swiftacular from these parts for a Wotan so that went on the front.

So what do you think of the transformation?

I_Ache
    Free Member

Oh and yes I know the decals say SX Trail but I couldnt get any for an Enduro so those will have to do. Its more like an SX Trail now than a modern Enduro anyway.

takisawa2

Nice.
    Saw the last pic you posted after powder coating.
    Looks a good job.
    I’d have gone dark though, I like a stealthy industrial sort of look.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    I_Ache
    Free Member

Thanks. I would normally have gone for a dark colour but for some reason I really fancied a light blue.

AndyPaice
    Free Member

Like it 😀 Your photography’s improved too 😉

it looks well with the white rims and wotans on, they look almost as beefy as a mates totems 🙂 How are you getting on with the coil shock, an improvement on the dhx air?

How much were the decals, and were they easy to get hold of? I may have to respray mine once I’ve replaced the chainstay unit 🙁

I_Ache
    Free Member

Thanks Andy. I have been working on my photography too.

The coil shock is much better than the DHX. When I got the coil it was sitting down into its travel a bit especially on climbs but was great DH. So I had it custom valved at TF and it was much better. It is still however a bit soft for all round riding despite being the recommended spring for my weight so I am trying a couple of other springs to see how they work out. That as far as I can see is the only real downside to a coil shock, the need to buy different weight springs if its too soft/hard the extra weight really doesn’t bother me.

The decals were a pain to get hold of. I could only find one place to get them from cheaply and that was on ebay from Mexico! I did end up getting them free however because they took so long to come we thought they had got lost in the post so I got my money back. Unfortunately they arnt listed any more.

If you get your frame painted at Argos they can get decals sorted for you so long as you havn’t stripped them from your bike as they need the old ones to work from.

Have you still not had the chainstay replaced? Are you getting a warranty or buying a new one?

AndyPaice
    Free Member

I’ve been watching the crack, and put a marker at the end of it. In the last 5 rides the crack hasn’t grown (I’ve been wearing pads just in case it lets go) so I may just leave it for a while. It’s a 2nd or 3rd hand frame so no warrantee, but it’s less than £100 for a new chainstay unit so when I get some spare cash I’ll probably just replace it. But apparently spesh only have brown chainstays left, hence the need for a respray 🙁

I had a PUSHed rocco RC coil on mine which felt fantastic (until the shaft snapped), but the DHX on at the moment doesn’t feel as good. Not sure if it’s set up for this frame as I don’t know what it came off.

this is mine at the mo, cleanest its been for a while.

I_Ache
    Free Member

From what I have seen on MTBR the new stays are not asymmetrical and apparently that stops them snapping.

What size is that roco 8.75×2.75? I had a look while my spring was off to see how much clearance was there for the longer stroke.

AndyPaice
    Free Member

yeah the rocco was 2.75″. TFT added a spacer during the service to limit the stroke to 2.5″ so the linkage doesn’t hit the seat tube. I never got it to hit, but I don’t tend to go for drops bigger than a couple of ft high.

The clearance of the piggyback was tight though. only a couple of mm between the frame and dust cap of the reservoir.

rode very well after being PUSHed 😀

I_Ache
    Free Member

I have heard that it will work with the 2.75″ stroke if the frame is a medium or above.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Enduro Rebuilt’ is closed to new replies.