• This topic has 16 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by MSP.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Enduro my mount! (Edge 1000 content)
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Does anyone have any innovative suggestions for mounting an Edge 1000 in a sort of crash-protected way?

I use a K-edge out front mount on the Diverge but I think that might be a bit exposed for maximum schralp gnarrfest shredding on my Enduro and the phatttttt Stumpy I’m demoing at the moment. Dood.

atlaz
    Free Member

Barfly MTB mount over the stem. Seriously though, if you’re crashing that much on gravel you may want to reconsider where you ride

sam_underhill

Raceware stem mount. Keeps the GPS nicey out of the way. Stick one of the garmin rubber covers around it as well.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    legend
    Free Member

Shame there’s not a photo of that Raceware one in use, in my head it (or the Garmin) is definitely fouling the stem.

Barfly mtb for me

bikebouy
    Free Member

I loosen off the mount a teeny bit just in case I crash, so the mount bends/rotates up/down rather than break.. oh and the fitting for the 1000 in the twist clamp is supposed to pop out if hit hard from underneath (not tried it though, Garmin out front mount)

But I’d suggest a rubber cover as a mitigating factor, and cheap too.

proutster
    Free Member

This is all you need, even includes Enduro in the name!!

Clicky

I’ve had a couple of crashes and the mount insert breaks, not the lugs on the Garmin. You can buy spare inserts and, if you crash regularly, it’s a good idea to do that when you order the mount as it spreads the P&P cost.

longmover
    Free Member

I have an SRAM one to keep my 810 safe

ruggerbugger
    Free Member

K-edge stem cap mount works for me.

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

What proutster said.

Had a decent otb onto tarmac, my 800 was in a rubber case with a screen protector and it was undamaged. Just fitted a new whatsit (you can see how it snaps in the pic) to the mount.

I used to run an outfront facing inwards low down next to the stem but I used to catch my knees on it when out of the saddle.

gaidong
    Free Member

I concur on the K-edge stem cap mount. Pricey but neat. Only ‘problem’ is the mount is quite thick so I’m tempted to change spacers underneath and cut the steerer by 5mm. Worth the effort to cut? Almost certainly not…

sam_underhill

As long as there’s no spacers above the raceware mount it doesn’t foul anything on my 50mm thomson x4 stem.

Edit: I does foul my exposure light when night riding though. So the gps goes in my bag as I’m only using to record these type of rides.

leftyboy
    Free Member

+1 Barfly mtb for me

daver27
    Free Member

the K-edge stem cap mount is no good for the 1000 as it’ll stick out the back of the stem a foot, ready to be knee’d to death.

The barfly is ace. i have a few of them across bikes.

To be honest, unless you need mapping, buy a Garmin 25 if you are worried ab9out breaking the 1000, they are comparitively cheap, give you all the info you need and are bomb proof.

Rubber_Buccaneer

Stick a tether on the edge and buy a couple of spare inserts for the k-edge. I can confirm the inserts snap before the tabs on the back of an edge 800 do.

antares
    Free Member

I can confirm the inserts snap before the tabs on the back of an edge 800 do.

I’ll second that 🙁

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

So the gps goes in my bag as I’m only using to record these type of rides.

This might be the answer! A least for BPW where I’m not going to be using it for navigation, only recording. Feel a bit dense for not thinking of that before!

Some great suggestions otherwise. Think one of the stem cap ones would work.

MSP

k-edge do a stemcap mount that moves the garmin a little forward as well. I use the normal topcap mount on my hardtail, but this one on my enduro.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/K-Edge-Stem-Fixed-Mount-Garmin/dp/B00KR5HWC2/ref=sr_1_32?ie=UTF8&qid=1449004024&sr=8-32&keywords=k-edge+mount

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Enduro my mount! (Edge 1000 content)’ is closed to new replies.

Members Notice New deal added to Members Discounts