Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Enduro fork seals – yay or nay?
  • Rik
    Free Member

Need some new seals for my 36s – any experiences?

confuzzed
    Free Member

I replaced the seals on my Fox 100RLCs with Enduros a couple of months ago. Easy if messy job using a mix of Fox and Enduro directions, and after riding more than usual around South Wales trail centres cos of the nice weather, the seals are completely fine.
    My last set of seals lasted two years before leaking, so obviously no long term report, but initially they seem good. Think I would be happy to use them on my Marzocchi 66s when the time comes.

Rik
    Free Member

Are they as 'plasticy' and 'hard' as i've read?

confuzzed
    Free Member

Seemed harder than the ones they replaced, but then again, after two years use…

First time I replaced the seals rather than a shop so can't really comment, sorry.

neil853
    Free Member

mine seem good, seem to have less stiction than before

Rik
    Free Member

Bump for the day crowd.

Macavity
    Free Member

The wiper seals are polyurethane and in general polyurethane is a fit and forget type of material.
    Although not directly relevant the aftermarket polyurethane bushes used on car suspensions are a good idea.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Running mine for 3 months now and bedded in nicely and seem a better seal to the mud than my old leaky OEM seals 🙂

Onzadog
    Free Member

been running them on a set of 32 floasts for two years now. Forks are spotless inside when I do an oil change and no sign of stanchion wear. I've now got a set of 32 and 36 sealsd waiting to go in other forks when they're needed.

grizzpup
    Free Member

rik, I want some for my pikes so if you are ordering we could share postage from the states etc…

email me in profile

cheers

seany_e_boy
    Free Member

Fitted some on my fox 32's last week. They are alot easier to fit than fox seals. I found the fox seals really tight and nearly damaged them getting them all the way in.

They are working fine after a week and have stopped the leaking I was getting.

xraymtb
    Free Member

Fitted a set to my Fox 36 Talas last month after noticing some wear on the stanchions. Work really well, have improved the feel of the fork (although that could be down to the service I did) and seem to be a much better seal.

I bought from the US direct as they were the cheapest place I could find.

Rik
    Free Member

grizzpup – why the states

Both CRC and BETD sell them – BETD are only £20 to so cheaper than the offical Fox ones.

foxyrider
    Free Member

There was a shortage of Enduro seals in 32 for a little while a few months ago – theink a new version was in the pipline at the time?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Enduro fork seals – yay or nay?’ is closed to new replies.