Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Enduro. Bit scared really…
  • dknwhy

Thanks to this awesome mag, I won entry for two to a Red Kite enduro event in Tuesday Treats the other week.

Now I’m a little bit terrified. I’m not even a good mountain biker and I’ve found myself plonked into a race… 😳

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

Just give the entry to me…oh wait, I’m shit too!

Don’t worry, it’ll be sweet. It’s just riding your bike in between tape. If you’re worried have a look at the tricky stuff in practice. Just don’t leave your bike in between said tape, be mindful of any riders around you before stopping/re-starting and be prepared to move over if anyone catches you. The most important thing is to make motorbike noises when you’re cornering…

scuttler

The most important thing is to make motorbike noises when you’re cornering…

Proppalol

P-Jay
    Free Member

Racing isn’t my thing, I raced a few things a couple of years ago and found the competitive element too stressful. The biggest enjoyment I get out of riding is actually forgetting about the stress in my life for a few hours so it was counter productive – but I’m by no means ‘normal’.

Now the MOST important element has been discussed, it leaves me only to try to suggest you enjoy yourself, don’t care about the times – especially on your first go and enjoy the fun of it, and the craic – ever race I ever entered was very friendly.

Northwind

Don’t worry about it, every race has to have winners and losers so if it turns out you’re completely useless, you’re actually doing a valuable service. But you might be surprised too. Just try and chill out and get on with the job in hand, which is riding your bike. It might not be for you, that’s fine too, the absolute worst that can happen is you have a bike ride.

I think a lot of people think that racers are all great riders. Absolute bobbins, I mean, they let me into a world series race and I’m basically competent.

wombat

Should you fit a kickstand too?

kimbers

Now I’m a little bit terrified. I’m not even a good mountain biker and I’ve found myself plonked into a race..

happens to me all the time

just have a laugh

legend
    Free Member

noob, the most important thing is a really expensive helmet and flouro clothing.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Remove your rotors.. you’ll be the fastest down the hill…. until maybe the corners

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

noob, the most important thing is a really expensive helmet and flouro clothing.

Shit!!! I always forget about the Flouro, that must be why the organisers always doctor my results!

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

Should you fit a kickstand too?

Sillyhead, race bikes don’t have stands!

dknwhy

Be more like this guy then (just without the nudity):

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Enduro. Bit scared really…’ is closed to new replies.