Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Enduro bearings……….disapointment !
  • dale
    Free Member

Bought a pair of these to replace the non drive side of a hope bottom bracket.The hope lasted 18 months of gritty abuse before the non drive side wore out (too much play).Less than 2 months later and only a couple of realy wet rides found the replacement to be siezed solid ! Anyone else find them a bit pants or have I been unlucky ? Hope drive side still fine, though both cups are on there last legs as grit still finds its way between the crank arms and attacks the cups

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Utter shit, tried them years ago, lasted less time than Shimano. Across stainless are brilliant.

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

My Enduro nds lasted 3 weeks before getting notchy. Pants. Never again. In comparison my original XT lasted 12 months.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Sometimes the seem fine others they’ve done what you said, IIRC they’re MAX/full compliment bearings so better suited suspension than BB’s.

Just fitted SKF bearings into my superstar cups and NKG in my front hub so will be an interesting comparison.

walla24
    Free Member

yep balls here too, the outer rubber seal is just appalling.

dale
    Free Member

wow feeling lucky with my 2 my month run on them.Crc doing hope ceramic for £67 though Interested in across as well……….hmm

julianwilson
    Free Member

18 months and drive side starting to wobble on one set, 18 months without a whimper on the other. One set went from ht to fs half way through, the other has gone from fs to singlespeed half way through. No idea on mileage but the singlespeed ones (still going) have been ridden at least weekly in that time in all sorts of silly weathers.

My mates ones (further 3 bb’s) have similarly good longvevity, we bought a load together to get the free tool from betd and at 18 months, mine were the first set to go. I wonder if we all got a ‘good batch’? FWIW I found the seals to be a really good fit on mine, and little in the way of gunk behind them. Perhaps its a change in outer seals rather than the bearings?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Enduro bearings……….disapointment !’ is closed to new replies.