Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • enduro bearings in hope bottom bracket ,will it fit, are they worth it ?
  • dale
    Free Member

2 winters 18 months and 2500 miles of riding in the grit triangle with 3 re-greasing' has caught up with my bb (bearings spin but too much play).So do they fit ?,is it worth the saving over hope ie. £ per mile ? How are youre enduro's holding up ?

Yes, go for it. Mine are 100% smooth after a year. Can't tell about VFM in such a short time though.

FS owners might like to consider Enduros for their pivot bearings. I found the originals from my Ibis Mojo totally shot after 12 months. The new set of ceramics are running sweet.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    dale
    Free Member

is that yes they do fit the hope cups ?

gamo
    Free Member

I thought the Hope bb,s used different sized bearings to
    Race Face and Shimano ones?

dale
    Free Member

I was hoping it was the internal dimentions that were different

I forget the type number, but if you're not sure then THESE are probably just as good.

Hope use stock bearings in their hubs . I've put Enduros in those as well.

I got mine from Superfly USA. No customs charges so far.

crankrider
    Free Member

Hope dont use a stock bearing, the bearings in the hope bb fit directly to HT11 axles – most other bb's inc shimano etc use a plastic top-hat to take up the 1mm of remaining space. (26 instead of 25mm if i remember correctly, its 1:45 am and im tired…)

Enduro bearings will fit but you will need to use a non-hope seal, im assuming you used the enduro one?

'Standard' 68052rs wont work without a tophat in the hope BB – Hope use proprietory bearings from a uk bearing company that i forget the name of, you cannot easily purchase the hope bb bearings without going through hope (if at all)

The hope bearings are very high quality anyway…….

michaelbowden

crankrider is right hope bb beaings are not the standard ones as fitted to shimano etc

Onzadog
    Free Member

I might be wrong but I thoughtt he bore on the shimano bearings was 25mm so they fit a 24mm axle with a tophat cap. The Hope and the Enduro fit directly to the axle and both have a 24mm bore. Assuming the outer diameter is the same then there's only the width of the bearing to consider. I don't know about the Hope but I think the Enduro bearings are wider than the shimano ones.

Are they worth it? I don't know, they're still in my spares box waiting for my 2 year old shimano ones to give up!

Macavity
    Free Member

Enduro do have Email

Their bearings are good but they are just bearings, just like HOPE are good.

dale
    Free Member

have spoken to them and they do fit the hope cups so I may chance it they are about half the price of the hope replacement bearings so hope to get a year out of them

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘enduro bearings in hope bottom bracket ,will it fit, are they worth it ?’ is closed to new replies.