Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Enduro 1 series 2014
  • Does anyone know if this is running this year as the website has been saying that the dates will be anounced at the start of December for ages now? I hope it is as I fancy entering few enduros this year and this one seem a lot better for a novice than the UKGE series.

scottfitz
    Free Member

the website has been saying that the dates will be announced at the start of December for ages now?

I noticed that too, looking forward to hearing the venues/dates.

I hope it is as I fancy entering few enduros this year and this one seem a lot better for a novice than the UKGE series.

Yes and no. stages are easier but no practice so you have to ride Enduro 1 blind. I have liked all of the enduro1 races I have done(apart from Aston hill)

Also could look at:
    http://minienduro.tv/
    http://shred.cc/gravity/circus-of-dirt/
    And the QECP Trail Collective gravity enduro’s soon to be announced.
    Check here on Sat: http://www.qecptrailcollective.co.uk/ 8) 😉

They are all 1 day events with practice in the morning.

scottfitz
    Free Member

I asked on there facebook page on 2nd of Jan no response yet.

chiefgrooveguru

Just had the email:

“X-Fusion/Enduro 1 2014 Race Dates
    We are sorry for the delay but we can now at last announce the 2014 series venues and dates!
    Race 1 Forest of Dean 23rd March
    Race 2 Haldon Forest 18th May
    Race 3 Grogly Woods, Bodmin 20th July
    Race 4 Great Wood, Quantocks 4/5th October

There are few changes for this year to the series and we are pleased to announce that we will now have electronic timing in place so we will be having podium awards presented at each race for the age categories and for those who complete the whole series the those awards will be presented at the last race as well. Although I have tried to keep the cost down of entry with manual timing it has proven far too problematic and so unfortunately the price has had to rise to £45 a race as I now need to absorb the cost of electronic timing which as you are aware is very expensive. It will, no doubt, make for a better series and with 5 stages and big courses it still represents excellent value for the money compared to others. Entries for race 1 will open Monday 13th January.”

I see all the races are now in the south west but that doesn’t surprise me considering how difficult it seems to have been finding suitable venues in the congested and predominantly flatter south east! More driving for many of us but better races I suspect…

kimbers

ooops round 2 clashes with QECP night time enduro

its not like scott contacted carlos to check the dates or anything, oh…..

iolo
    Free Member

Are the Specialized lawyers currently preparing a case for the use of “Enduro”?

stevede
    Free Member

Round 3 will be at my local (ish) woods, awesome trails in there, gutted though as I’ll be stuck in the desert with work 🙁

p7rich
    Free Member

Electronic timing! At last!! 😀

chiefgrooveguru

Electronic timing! At last!!

Exactly!

scottfitz
    Free Member

ooops round 2 clashes with QECP night time enduro

its not like scott contacted carlos to check the dates or anything, oh…..

Oh well the QECP Day & Night Enduro on the 17th May will be a highlight of 2014.

superfli
    Free Member

Are the Specialized lawyers currently preparing a case for the use of “Enduro”?

Funny you should say that..”Gravity Enduro” appears to be of an issue… 🙄

Hurrah!

hels
    Free Member

I got a rude email once from somebody who claimed to have invented the Mini format, and asked us to change the name of Mini DH races cos he owned it. Hilarious ! I don’t even drive a Mini either.

scottfitz
    Free Member

The name of the event/race isn’t important. Putting on a bike race on good trail, friendly atmosphere and fun for all involved. Quick accurate results help too 🙂

andyrm
    Free Member

Good to see these dates – E1 was a good little series last season! Great atmosphere, some good tracks (must admit I didn’t like Aston Hill but FOD and Great Wood were both really good) and possibly more mud than I’ve seen in a long time…….

chrisrhayes

fwiw, I rode Episode 2 (Haldon Forest) of this yesterday in the old farts (veterans cat), and loved it. Came 11th – not bad for first time.

The mainly virgin trails were great, with roots, rocks and lots loam, but nicely dry which makes a change to Bristol lately.

The electronic timing was generally good, the markings were a bit hit and miss at times, you really had to concentrate. Plus the transition stages ranged from fire-road blast to technical singletrack. They were ample timed, although it’d be a squeeze if you had a mechanical.

Definitely will try round 3… Grogly…

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Enduro 1 series 2014’ is closed to new replies.