Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • Enduro 1- quantocks this weekend
  • crosshair
    Free Member

I’m gonna buy Weeksy a Jersey with DNS on it 😉

I had to take a marker pen and scribble his name off of last years Brecon Beast T-shirt 😀

Next time he posts a thread asking what event to train for I’m going to ignore it and put it down to the phase of the moon or something 😉 **

**I’m not questioning his reasons for not going to this btw just friendly banter 😀

leec247
    Free Member

Hindsight but had I known how tight the transitions would be I’d have gone into the sport class. My legs were dead by the end of stage 3. Did enjoy my day especially as I didn’t fall off or break anything on my bike. Think my fitness needs a massive boost before next year

kiksy
    Free Member

I’m quite interested to hear about this from someone giving it a go for the first time.

First time racing ever for me on Sunday, so was going in pretty blind. The transitions were much longer and harder than I thought they would be 😀 . Stages 1-3 were roughly what I thought the timed bits were going to be like, 4 and 5 were probably the hardest runs I’ve ever done, but I managed to keep momentum through them and keep it rubber side down, so those 2 stages made the day for me. stoked. 😛

Out of interest, how did this one compare to the other ones in the series, and just other enduro type races in general?

Stiggy

PEDAAAAALL! 😆

silverbirchdan
    Free Member

[/quote]So MiniEnduro at FoD next then lads
    https://www.britishcycling.org.uk/events/details/108508/One-Industries-Mini-Enduro—Forest-of-Dean-November-2014

Signing up now. Lets have it!

leec247
    Free Member

It was my first go at an enduro as well. The stages were about as hard as I expected but the transitions were WAY harder than I thought they were gonna be. Was hoping some local knowledge might have helped

Stiggy

There was a section between 2 and 3 that should have been a stage I reckon.

silverbirchdan
    Free Member

Yeah, how mad was that transition! I loved stage 1, and stage 2 was a bit of a blast, but could have been kept to singletrack instead.

leec247
    Free Member

It felt a lot further than it actually was

jam-bo

That’ll be the 3500ft of climbing in 17miles.

leec247
    Free Member

I forgot to set my strava before I left so I didn’t have a clue what the climbing height was. No wonder my legs died

MonkeyMechanic
    Free Member

It was awesome riding,can’t wait till next year.

The Marshall shouting PEDDDDAAAAL !! was a legend.

silverbirchdan
    Free Member

Ooo, photos. Now I see why they make full face lids.

ART

That marshal was the lovely Phil from Tidworth Freeride – he is legend; FACT. 🙂

MarkBrewer
    Free Member

My head, jaw, neck and back are all aching after my crash yesterday, the day after always hurts more.

Legs are ok though, could have done with some more climbs 😆

tymbian
    Free Member

Any more footage anyone?

tommyhine

I think I got the most penalties for missing starts as I was huffing and puffing up all the climbs. Some serious hard work for me to get into shape next year.

Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘Enduro 1- quantocks this weekend’ is closed to new replies.