Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 58 total)
  • Enduro 1- quantocks this weekend
  • leec247
    Free Member

So is anybody else racing it this weekend???

jam-bo

Lucky number 88….

jim25

Unfortunately not

leec247
    Free Member

Im 95. Just hoping it stays dry now

boxxer7
    Free Member

59 here

jam-bo

Forecast looks ok. It’s so dry the rain Saturday won’t have much effect. Maybe damp some of the dust down.,,

silverbirchdan
    Free Member

I am. Number 150. Dont you pros go churning it up now, ok.

Simwit

I think I am. There was a cock up with my entry & I wasn’t on the starters list but hopefully sorted now, expect me to be last man down the hill.

weeksy

I am… or am not… I’m not sure.

I had some family stuff… but that’s a long story, but I think I’ve managed to get out of that.

However, in all honesty, I didn’t get the take up on entries from mates and I’d be doing it all alone now. If I’m honest I’m sitting here wondering if there’s any point doing the event on my own. Due to (like Simwit above) a problem with my entry, of my own making, I’d entered Competitive, I wanted Sport. I’m starting last…. So, the potential for banter and laughs is reduced too as everyone else is already set off…

So, I’m entered, but not sure I can be bothered with the 90 mile trip each way on my own to ride on my own.

Clink

Where is it on the ‘tocks? I might be heading over on Sunday and want to avoid the busy bits. Is it on the dh trails in the woods?

jam-bo

Great woods and cockercombe. So North of crowcombe road and you’ll be fine.

Weeksy – was a real friendly crowd at the last round.

leec247
    Free Member

Hopefully it’s gonna be friendly am going alone for the day. What time at people planning on getting there sun???

jam-bo

I’m setting off at 10.43 so aiming to get there for about half nine. £3 for parking apparently.

leec247
    Free Member

I’m off just after u So I reckon 9.30 should be ok. Never done one before so it’s gonna be a learning curve sun

ART

Weeksy – come. You’ll be fine. Looks like I am one of the only girls sandwiched between my two competitive work colleague blokes in the competitive cat (I would ride sport by choice) so will spend my entire time saying ‘oops & sorry ‘in your way again’ as there really as no need to take this stuff seriously. By dint of the male female split I’ll be easy to spot- come say hi!

Bushwacked
    Free Member

56 here! Bit nervous but more excited than a kid at Chrimbo. My mate booked it and got competitive and sport mixed up! Doh!

Anyone know what the trails are gonna be like for the timed sections?

Stiggy

137 here, should be a giggle!

jam-bo

Anyone know what the trails are gonna be like for the timed sections?
    POSTED 35 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

Don’t know exactly what they are using but expect roots, steep, roots and steep…

Hareydan
    Free Member

Just got in from a night ride up there, course looks like it’s taped out already. You’ll be going down the chimney by the look of things, as well as a few other bits of trail round that way. Didn’t follow the route so I’m not sure where else it goes but I’m sure it’ll be fun, enjoy 🙂

leec247
    Free Member

Sounds like a good use of the area. Can’t wait for sun now just got to hope the weathers not to bad tomorrow now

jam-bo

Rains cleared Devon and its a glorious day now. Been dry enough recently that it shouldn’t dry out pretty quick.

If you know anyone who wants to Marshall I think they are getting a bit desperate.

leec247
    Free Member

I saw that on fb earlier. Everyone I know who might have helped is busy this weekend. Hopefully they can sort something for tomorrow
    I’m just outside Bridgwater and it’s a bloody lovely day up here now

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Awesome day out! Ruined now but will be back again next year.

jam-bo

Tough day that. I really struggled to make the transitions in good time so was ruined for the DH’s.

Didn’t have more than a minute or so at any of the starts and got to the top of stage 3 with about 15s to spare.

Next year. Fitter, faster, stronger…,

leec247
    Free Member

I know how u feel got cramp coming down stage 3 by the transition 4-5 I could hardly move. Bloody good days riding thoroughly enjoyed myself. Gonna have to get fitter for next year

silverbirchdan
    Free Member

Yeah, i found that tough too. Got to the top of stage 4 with 3 seconds to spare!! Only afterwards did i find out they messed the timings up for the sport transitions. Still really enjoyed it, there was some pretty steep stuff included that i hadnt seen before, and i ride up there nearly once a week!
    Nice one Carlos, see you next year.

Simonpieman
    Free Member

Another good day out at enduro1 also I am starting to get used to this riding blind thing. I am also ruined over 3000ft of climbing and then sprinting stages.

I have to say well done to all involved.

MarkBrewer
    Free Member

The transitions were pretty tough today. I was half asleep still on stage 1 and got passed. Think my head & legs were struggling to get going but managed to sort myself out and either catch/pass the rider infront of me on stages 2, 3, and 4. My rear gear cable snapped right at the start of stage 5 just before the pedally bit, then went over the bars near the end of the stage which smashed my helmet.

On the climb to stage 6 i spat out something which turned out to be a bit of one of my teeth from the previous crash then had to stop to bodge the bike in a gear for the last stage which I just made in time. Then to top it all right at the end of the day I had a stick fly up into my back wheel which snapped the rear mech off!

Despite all that it was a good day and all credit to the organisers for a top route and choice of stages 8)

I’ve changed my race number to what it should have been 😆

jam-bo

Ok. You win. I only had a marginally tricky day…

ART

Yup you win 😉 but yeah those transitions were properly tight, totally knackered out now. That sign on stage 4 that said ‘steep’ – not kidding! Good work Carlos & team.

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

ah Jam bo – number 88 – you mentioned 2 fat ladies while collecting your timing tag. Wish I’d read this thread before the race now.
    I thought it was a great day, stage 2 was pointless and i’m used to Carlos and his hilarious transitions but when you’re in the quantocks at least go down some singletrack instead of a fireroad.
    All in all a great day! Despite this happening 100m into stage 1 (team chase hence telling my team mate to keep going and get a decent time!). Bent an slx crank arm in that crash too!
    [video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElO13Q_NVJQ[/video]

jam-bo

Ooops. Not so lucky 88. Got disqualified for a little navigational oversight on the stage1 to stage 2 transition.

Took the right hand fork at the bottom of ramscombe so missed the climb out past the toilet block. Saw Duncan at the bottom of stage 2 who informed us of our error and said we could ride on and take a 90s penalty or go back. We decided to take the penalty but if I’d known we’d be disqualified if have gone back.

And if I’d known I’d been disqualified I’d have taken all the shortcuts I know and cut out some of the contrived transitions. Stage 4-5 was depressing being ~100m from the start and then dropping down a massive fire road to the bottom of the hill just to winch back up again.

tommyhine

Really enjoyed the trails but backed myself way to much and should have entered the sport class. I was busted on those climbs. lots of training to be done over the winter.

njee20
    Free Member

Took the right hand fork at the bottom of ramscombe so missed the climb out past the toilet block. Saw Duncan at the bottom of stage 2 who informed us of our error and said we could ride on and take a 90s penalty or go back. We decided to take the penalty but if I’d known we’d be disqualified if have gone back.

That’s really poor form, I’d be furious!

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Feeling a tad jaded this morning – glad to be working from home.

already started looking at the map to work out how to ride all the good stuff and avoid some of the climbing.

Nice vid that Dirtybiker – Hope you ain’t too sore this morning. You got any more of the riding you’ll be sharing?

jam-bo

That’s really poor form, I’d be furious!

if I hadnt already come nearly DFL i’d be a bit more bothered.

pete68
    Free Member

Anyone know how Weeksy got on? I’m quite interested to hear about this from someone giving it a go for the first time.

weeksy

pete68 – Member

Anyone know how Weeksy got on? I’m quite interested to hear about this from someone giving it a go for the first time.

Long story matey, but I didn’t end up going. Several reasons, some good news, some bad news, but not really the place to disucss any of them publically. Either way, it ended up that on Sat afternoon I decided not to make the trip.

Sorry.

jam-bo

looking at the time sheets and the penalties that some were racking up, I think a lot of people were struggling with the transitions.

and there was some pretty steep, techy riding in some of those stages.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘Enduro 1- quantocks this weekend’ is closed to new replies.