Viewing 13 posts - 81 through 93 (of 93 total)
  • Enduro 1 @ Aston Hill: Roll call
  • chakaping
    Free Member

Ah right. The Xc descent does have that good new bit with the switchbacks at the end. What bike was the winner riding, out of interest?

kimbers

the switchbacks were used on the first run but for run 4 they changed the track and threw in a climb b4 the switchback/boardwalk

scottfitz
    Free Member

They used a couple of the DH runs:

Stage 1: Red Run starting on the start ramp and ending on boardwalk. (Different end for run 2)

Stage 2: Started near the start of the 4x track in a bombhole, down half the 4x track, small up & down XC loop, finished at the end of the 4x track.

Stage 3: DH3 with climb bit before the fire road crossing.

Stage 4: Up hill sprint from near the bottom of DH3, up the xc climb, past the short cut sign and finishing at the top of the fireroad.

scottfitz
    Free Member

What bike was the winner riding, out of interest?

results not out till later today.

Simonpieman
    Free Member

Results are up, stage 4 was where it was won.

kimbers

Was won on a NP mega

The climb was the decider, shame it took me over 10 mins !

getonyourbike
    Free Member

kimbers – Member
    Was won on a NP mega

Was that Joe or Chris, who ride for Nukeproof? It’ll be one of them.

treemagnet
    Free Member

Almost 10 mins for me on that bummer of a stage 4!
    Both legs cramped to hell too!
    Don’t know how I would have made it to the finish if it wasn’t for that banana kimbers gave me. Lifesaver man! Cheers!

superfli
    Free Member

This is what I was trying to say to our team. We knew that stage 4 was a climb. descents are great, but in an XC race, they only make up for a few secs. The climbs are a lot longer in time and therefore the most time will be made up here. Which is why an XC bike would have been far better for this “Enduro” round.

scottfitz
    Free Member

Which is why an XC bike would have been far better for this “Enduro” round.

Agree if a did it again it would be on my XC Hardtail, would lost a couple of seconds on the on Stage 1 and 3 but take minutes of my Stage 4 time.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing 😉

Still unsure if I want to do round 4. We will see closer to the time.

Edit: Well-done to Swindon Gravity Team, Good Job guys. Stage 4 won that for you, that cramp was worth it.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Late Autumn at UKBP? It will be awful. That place isn’t much fun to race DH in the wet, let alone having to ride up each time. It would need a massive amount or work to make even a small loop. The format also needs some work if its going to be successful.

It’s a shame the venue choices haven’t really worked this year, apart from maybe FOD, I’d like the option of racing closer to home. Hopefully the QECP ones will take off this coming year.

scottfitz
    Free Member

Hopefully the QECP ones will take off this coming year.

I am very excited about this and I can’t even race them. Round 1 will be a First for England. We will release date”S” and venue”S” Before the end of the year and none clash with UKGE (I Checked with Steve Parr) 😀

stuartmccarthy
    Free Member

I am very excited about this and I can’t even race them. Round 1 will be a First for England. We will release date”S” and venue”S” Before the end of the year and none clash with UKGE (I Checked with Steve Parr)

Scott this sounds awesome to me!!

Viewing 13 posts - 81 through 93 (of 93 total)

The topic ‘Enduro 1 @ Aston Hill: Roll call’ is closed to new replies.