Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • endurance events and…ahem….well..needing a tom tit?..
  • odannyboy
    Free Member

what do you do? as in whats the options?
    ive never done a endurance event or raced but if your out for hours on end and even more so if you are a solo (aka mentalist) rider the need will surely arrive at some point?

odannyboy
    Free Member

oh er my titles been censored!?
    i meant a number two…ok?

maxray
    Free Member

lol thought that was a tom tank.

😀

weirdo..

njee20
    Free Member

IME if you're eating right, you won't need one!

odannyboy
    Free Member

yeah but what about the kielder 100? thats potentially about 10-12 hours riding.sis, gels, fluids and jelly babies etc…its bound to happen at some point??no??

njee20
    Free Member

Not happened to me in 12 hour solos, and doesn't happen to most top people doing 24s.

Your body is using more than you can really put in, so you're just not creating the 'waste'.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Something I@ve never experienced trouble with, with little effort I can do a whole weekend of cycling and drinking/eating without such requirements, only a jimmy.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

You do as the proverbial bear.

uplink
    Free Member

if the urge does come on, can't you just go for a wander in the woods?

I'm struggling to think what other possible answer there could be

bol

Just stay off the trail. Hitting a barker's egg at speed is one thing…

Actually, I guess the same protacol should apply as for gel wrappers – tuck it in your jersey pocket and dispose of it later in the proper fashion.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Do a poo first thing in the morning – very rarely need another for 24 hours unless I am very very nervous 😉

odannyboy
    Free Member

oh..maybe its me then.sometime i get three a day. 😯

*considers a doctors appointment*

foxyrider
    Free Member

Volume or too much fruit & veg I would say odb 😉

LOL @ Tommy tank

atlaz
    Free Member

Most of the races are events with a circuit you lap so I'd imagine unless you get caught short out on the trail (in which case take a dump out there), wait till you get back to the "arena".

torsoinalake
    Free Member

Can't think where I read it – might have been his biography, but Sean Kelly was talking about the Tour de France, how it destroys you physically, and the costs involved in winning. I just remember a paragraph about a stage late in the race where everyone was falling to bits but still racing, with a sentence along the lines of 'Laurent Fignon was suffering from diarrhoea, his team was pushing him along, but the smell was terrible'.

So if the TdF win is in your sights, looks like you just go for it.

mrh86

nothing wrong with three a day

rkk01
    Free Member

I also thought Tommy Tank – never had the (spare) energy at an endurance event

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘endurance events and…ahem….well..needing a tom tit?..’ is closed to new replies.