Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Endura Windchill – experiences ?
  • iainc

thinking about ordering one of these to replace a slightly too large Phantom. I also have a Stealth, so looking for something a bit lighter. Will be used mainly off road, temp +5 upwards, to keep chill off and light rain at bay, over a base layer.

captaincarlos

I’ve got one of the newer Windchill II jackets, not that there seems much difference. It’s a good jacket on and off road in the colder months – too hot for this time of year. Seems to be reasonably showerproof too.

schmiken

Like mine, just a shame that the stitching started coming undone on the cuffs. Love it for autumn riding though.

iainc

thanks for replies so far – it’s the Mk 11 that I’d be going for and sounds exactly what I am after, cheers.

I have a lot of Endura stuff and like it. I know the workmanship can be iffy, but the warranty is good when required !

rocket
    Free Member

Got one last winter and worn on road only. Was great when it was proper cold, but couldn’t wear it much above +5 degrees C as too warm. Even then only needed a short sleeve base under it unless it was below freezing.

SimonR

I would echo rocket’s comments – I think it’s a great winter jacket with just a base layer underneath. Plenty of big reflective bits to add a bit of night time visibility too.

For milder weather (10degC give or take a bit) I’ve got an MT500 fleece jacket which is great too – a densely woven fleece but not completely windproof.

adsh
    Free Member

It needs to be cold for me to be able to wear it with a base layer. Even then I get quite sweaty in the arms but it is a great top.

Jamie
    Free Member

Bought the gilet last year, seemed a better compromise as can be worn with arm warmers one can just take off when you get too hot.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Endura Windchill – experiences ?’ is closed to new replies.