Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Endura Trousers
  • molgrips
    Free Member

I see there are several options. Anyone used them for winter MTBing? Is there a compromise between having them look good acceptable off the bike and riding comfort?

molgrips
    Free Member

Seems like the Firefly are reviewed better than the Humvee ones. I need them to stay out of my chainrings, as I am *gasp* still using more than one….

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

try the singletrack II ones very good

DezB
    Free Member

I’ve had a pair of Humvees for years. They’re pretty good. Very comfortable, the velcro wraparound does a good job of keeping them out of chainrings, except when wet, which makes them sag a bit at the bottom.
    IIRC, the crotch stitching came undone after a while and had to get them sewn back up. Been good since then.
    Sizing is a bit odd, I think I had to get an XL! Then bought some Endura waterproof troos in an XL and they’re massive.

muzzle
    Free Member

I’ve got some Humvees which are ideal for the 5 mile commute in winter. Not sure I’d use them for MTB unless it was absolutely perishing though – they can make my legs pretty warm (which I realise is the idea, but they might be a bit much 🙂 )

Edit: In answer to your question, they’re always going to look like cycling trousers. The velcro cuff can be loosened off so they’re not tight round the ankle, but they’re definitely still tapered in appearance!

ebennett

Got a pair of Humvees I use for commuting, they’re alright for the price. As has been said, the sizing is a bit funny and I’d probably find the waistband a bit tight and annoying if I was using them for long MTB rides rather than a 30 min commute each way – it’s not like I’m a biffer either, 32 inch waist. Definitely worth trying on in-store rather than buying online!

Don’t use mine for MTB during the winter, prefer a pair of thermal leggings with either baggies or waterproof shorts as they’re comfier and I can’t get my pads under the Humvees.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Endura Trousers’ is closed to new replies.