Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Endura strike vs sealskinz for winter
  • wolfenstein
    Free Member
    trail_rat
    Free Member

my strikes fell apart – the replacement pair took 6 months to come – and despite being the same size didnt fit.

on that basis is say sealskinz :d

emac65
    Free Member

I’ve had both & don’t rate either of them;
    The Strikes – apart from not being a particularly warm glove the insides come out when you pull your hand out.Which is great when it’s the middle of winter,you’re at CYB at the top of the beast & stop for a leak.I had to tear the inner off the glove just so I could have a glove to wear for the rest of the ride.

Sealskinz – Not bad for keeping your hands warm,not as waterproof as they should be,funny placing of pads on the palm,but worst of all they have a lumpy feel to them when gripping the bars.Think old sleeping bag when all the innards goes lumpy…

I’m still on the search for the best gloves for me

stumpy01

Not tried the Endura’s, but I have a pair of Sealskinz winter gloves. They are fairly warm and are waterproof, but very bulky so holding onto the bars/changing gear and braking is a bit more (a lot more) cumbersome.
    My hands get pretty sweaty in them and then when you pull the glove off, it is easy to turn the liner inside out, which is then a pain.

I imagine the Endura’s would be similarly bulky but I won’t be buying Sealskinz gloves again. I love their socks though.

trail_rat
    Free Member

still maintain aldi make the bestest gloves.

Jase
    Free Member

I’ve had the strikes for a few years and like them, although they have been used for road riding only.

Still in one piece and I use them with a liner when it gets really cold.

Jamie
    Free Member

Neither. Aldi gloves.

lee170
    Free Member

I’ve been using strikes for the last 3 winters and there fine, still on the same pair, commute mon-fri and hit the trails on a weekend.
    Not the warmest but not bulky like the warmer ones either

johnnystorm

Glacier gloves perfect curves. But buy them from a window cleaners supply shop instead of a bike/sports shop and they’ll be about £15 cheaper.

bruneep

Yup aldi gloves £5 bargin

scotroutes

I have/have had both.

Strikes are less cumbersome. I loved mine but they just wore out over about 3 winters. I’m actively looking at getting another pair.

Sealskinz are better at waterproofing and are a bit warmer but “feel” isn’t the same. I’ll probably save mine for road biking.

Take your pick.

Northwind

My Strikes were gash, not warm or waterproof. I assumed they were faulty but it turns out that’s what they’re supposed to be like. Could be an alright autumn glove I suppose.

Oh, it’s personal taste but I really didn’t get on with the padding, felt very intrusive

grahamt1980

Sealskins are great when it is really shite.
    However when it isn’t well below freezing I found that gloves that are fairly thin but windproof are perfect.
    However I run hot most of the time.

loddrik
    Free Member

Had strikes for the past 5 years, never has a problem with cold hands. Nice and thin too so no loss of dexterity.

The inners do come out but this is easily avoided by grabbing the end of each finger before pulling them out.

epicyclo

Tesco hairy woolly gloves.

Haven’t seen them for a few years but ok up to drizzle conditions. Used them in 3 ‘Puffers even though I have a big box full of expensive super gloves that simply don’t work for more than a couple of hours.

But the best thing of all is a set of handlebar muffs aka Pogies.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Endura strike vs sealskinz for winter’ is closed to new replies.