Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Endura Singletrack trousers – made for short people?
  • mtbtomo
    Free Member

Just got some Endura Singletrack trousers in medium and they seem a bit on the short side? As in they’re at or above my ankles when I’m stood up straight.

On a bike pedalling this would only be worse?

I’m 5ft 10 and take normal length non-biking trousers so not stupidly tall for a medium.

Do I just need to wear longer socks or what?

wisepranker
    Free Member

You sure you’ve not got a set of the 3/4 shorts by mistake 😆

I’m 6ft tall and wear the Singletrack trousers in a large and they’re fine. The guys at work who all wear them don’t have any problems with the sizing on them either.

ds3000
    Free Member

I got a large pair and they’re well too short, and getting shorter after each wash.

gingerss
    Free Member

As far as Endura sizing goes the alignment of the planets is a factor. Can you return them? I’d only buy their kit after trying it on.

You could try large but you’ll probably find the waist is far too big and the distance between waist and crotch is too long leading to saddle interference issues.

That said I do like my singletrack shorts.

mtbtomo
    Free Member

I tried the small, but they were way too small to accomodate my thigh muscles, and they were a bit short.

Went to the medium and they fit slightly better but still seem a bit short.

I was hoping they’d replace a set of Altura trousers that have a poppered extension section at the bottom. But Altura don’t seem to do these any more, and the fit around the knee is a bit MC Hammer 😉

weirdnumber
    Free Member

I have two pairs of the same endura shorts in the same size (apparently) one pair is too tight to do the Popper up the other is loose enough that I have to use the belt to keep them up…

jimmy

I got medium, perfect fit. 5’6″(.5).

mattsccm
    Free Member

If anything every pair I have hopefully tried on over the years have come up long. I need something between small and medium for the waist but they legs seem to be made for some one way to tall for a normal human. my 30″ leg need dirt great turn ups.
    If only they did do differnt leg lengths. Even crappy Craghopper do!

bruneep

You sure you’ve not got a set of the 3/4 shorts by mistake

😆

Davesport

Just got some Endura Singletrack trousers in medium and they seem a bit on the short side? As in they’re at or above my ankles when I’m stood up straight.

Snap, except mine are XL & they’re definitely too short whilst riding the bike. I tried them on & they fitted me perfectly & felt good whilst sitting on a bike in the shop 😆 I’ve got a 33″ inside leg. I called Endura & they confirmed that they’re only made in one length. They’re fine everywhere else apart from being a little tight round the quad area but unzipping the vents helps this a lot.

I’m going to investigate having them extended as they’re great for keeping the nettles & jaggies at bay. Either that or get my legs shortened 😉

aP
    Free Member

Although it pains me to say it Endura gear isn’t worth buying any more as its either got the wrong size label sewn into it, or so shoddily made that it falls apart within a couple of rides. I had a lot of Endura gear in the 90s and it was such good quality but in the last 10 years everything I’ve bought has fallen apart or been a completely different size than marked. So as a result it’s not a brand that I would ever consider again – or is it just me?

mtbtomo
    Free Member

Maybe it also depends where they sit on your hips?

Anyway, next question then, who makes something similar?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Endura Singletrack trousers – made for short people?’ is closed to new replies.