Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Endura Singletrack II shorts left anywhere?
  • nicko74

Continuing a thread from a couple of months ago, does anyone know anywhere that has Singletrack II shorts left? The reviews for the new model are not good, so was hoping to pick up a pair of the older ones as my current ones have torn around a pocket.

If not, expect a thread in a month asking for recommendations of alternatives…

thorpie
    Free Member

I was wondering the exact same thing. Can’t find any. Size medium anyway.

rudedog
    Free Member

humvees?

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

The new ones look like a cost reduced attempt at resetting expectations i.e. they are now shit.

Singletrack 2’s to return as a premium product in year or two with a hefty price increase to reflect how stupid they know we are 😆

rOcKeTdOg

I think we’ve got some for sale, will check when i get to work

Onzadog
    Free Member

Ah, is the 3 that bad? Just ordered some and I’m in two minds about them. They also suffer for the endura random sizing with a large 3 being like a medium 2.

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

Ah, is the 3 that bad?….They also suffer for the endura random sizing with a large 3 being like a medium 2.

Lighter fabric presumably more ‘enduro’ but means they don’t feel as tough and don’t hang as well, and don’t like actually having stuff in the pockets. Seem shorter.
    Main problem is the fit. I’ve always worn a medium 2 but the medium 3 seems too big and the new design of cinch straps bunch up the fabric and even after that they always feel like they’re slipping down.

They’ve also redesigned the Singletrack gloves. Nice idea having a thick padded area over the knuckles but then screwing up the fabric overlap/seams means they rub badly between thumb and first finger.

chiefgrooveguru

This is very disappointing reading. I hope my v1 and v2 continue to wear well!

markshires
    Free Member

I’ve had a pair of 2’s, and a couple of pairs of 3’s. I have also got a pair of the humvees that were on sale at wiggle a few months back. Out of them all I would say the humvees are the best of the bunch. I find the singletracks to be shorter, also the leg openings are tighter so don’t fit over pads as well. The material is also thinner but I don’t mind that too much.

I’d go with the humvees personally, as they have the same pockets and are a bit thicker, although I believe there is a newer version out or due out.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I had a single track III delivered recently. Felt so light and flimsy I had to check it wasn’t a singlwteack lite.

And the sizing! Just ridiculous.

scotroutes

Just buy the Endura MT500 Spray baggies instead. They’re ace.

chiefgrooveguru

I disliked them so much I returned them. Might be nice with liner shorts but without they’re horribly thin.

scotroutes

Tie true that they are designed to be used with a liner short.

rOcKeTdOg

rOcKeTdOg – Member
    I think we’ve got some for sale, will check when i get to work

sorry all humvees

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

Singletrack 3 aka Austerity Bin Bag Edition or as the brass neck supermarkets like to call them “New Recipe”.

But heyhoo we are all thick as pig shit ain’t we, we don’t even notice.

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

Might be nice with liner shorts but without they’re horribly thin.

Do people NOT wear padded lycra shorts under their baggies? I’ve never found a pair of “liner shorts” that actually worked – on all the baggies I’ve had that came with them the liners have either been shit or the way they fixed into the shorts meant they didn’t sit in the right place. Even using Endura’s best quality liners (which are just a mid range lycra short with clips) they didn’t work if they were actually clipped to the baggy. I think the two need to be able to move independently.

kcal

off topic: anyone got any MT500s in 3/4 length? size Large? last gasp before I give up and find another make of sturdy 3/4 bib knickers!!

iainc

I find the MTR ones better in every way. Again, need to be worn over bibs though.

nobbyq
    Free Member

think i got some , size large , only worn twice as bit tight for me

crispybacon
    Free Member

Slightly off topic but someone mentioned Humvees.

The new designed 3/4 Humvees are also sh!t, looks like they’ve used the same redesigners on their shorts range 🙁 Bought a pair of new 3/4 Humvees & the rear back panel has an elasticated section which is a nightmare as it catches on the saddle when getting on the bike or moving around. It also feels like they are always falling down!!

I’ve had 3 pairs of the old design in the last 4 years which were absolutely superb, only worn the new ones twice – anyone want a nearly new pair of 3/4 Humvees size S £15 posted ?? email in profile 🙂

Goldigger
    Free Member

I’ve got some Humvee’s that must be at least 6 Years old. Nothing wrong with them..maybe I’m one of a few who didn’t get Friday jobs?

nicko74

I disliked them so much I returned them. Might be nice with liner shorts but without they’re horribly thin.

One reason I love my Mk 2 Singletracks is because they’re good on the bike, but also pretty good off it too – they don’t look too “bikey”, pretty robust etc. I’ve wondered about the MT500, but if they’re really designed to be worn over lycra, that’s good for on the bike, but less so off it.

I remember the Hummvees (Mk1, perhaps) as being pretty good, if not very waterproof; might check them out. What’s the sizing like on Hummvees compared to Singletracks?

Akers

Singletrack 2’s in black, size M are currently available on the endura website for £34.99. Fill ya boots!

https://www.endurasport.com/product/singletrack-ii-short/

thorpie
    Free Member

Great stuff, two pairs ordered from Endura! Cheers Akers. They also have some Singletrack ll 3/4 shorts at CRC.

thorpie
    Free Member

Just had the order cancellation email from Endura. They don’t have any Singletrack ll shorts in stock despite the website saying they did. Not getting anymore in either.
    Trevor.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Endura Singletrack II shorts left anywhere?’ is closed to new replies.