Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Endura Singletrack 3 shorts ?
  • iainc

following from my post the other day about the new Endura Singletrack bib liners these ones, I popped into LBS at lunchtime and got a pair, along with a pair of
    these Singletrack 3 shorts

Look a fair bit lighter than the Singletrack 2’s and hopefully ideal for summer use.

Any experiences of these new ones ?

Looks similar to the Gore combined bib/short offering at 2/3 the price…

nedrapier

Look a fair bit lighter than the Singletrack 2’s

Sign me up! I’ve got a well worn pair of 2s with a split seam in the crotch, will sew them up at some point, but I’ve always thought they were a bit heavy.

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

i’m not overly keen on the new III version, the pockets dont look great, do they have magnets to close?, so i stocked up on two pairs on CRC using the £10 of £75 spend, so a good price.

the MTR are a lighter endura short which fit more like a pair of boardshorts, very comfy and lightweight

iainc

no magnets, but front pockets look ok on first glance. Definitely a lot lighter than the 11’s

Tried the MTR’s but I prefer my MT500 spray baggies, which are very similar.

Quite like the idea of clipping the bibs to the shorts – will see how it works in practice 🙂

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

Are Endura using decent strength pop studs aqain now?

I used to buy Endura shorts exclusively until a bought a couple of pairs of Zyme’s to replace my worn out ones only to find that the new pop studs just fall open. Not purely due to weight gain, honest.

I would love to start supporting the UK firm with confidence again if I can.

iainc

^^^ they no longer have pop studs – proper buttons now. I like their stuff, have 4 or 5 pairs of shorts/bibs and all work and last well for me.

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

Thanks Iainc. I will take a fresh look.

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

i’ve got MTR waterproof, mt500 (yellow), singletrack, hummvee and the MTR, my go to pair are the singletrack ii.

the mt500 yellow front just doesnt come clean, mud and oil prints all over.

the mtr waterproof are great for a very wet day.. and keep your pants dry :0)

notmyrealname
    Free Member

Have they got rid of the useless velcro that the Singletrack II shorts had?

kayak23

I’ve got a set of the new shorts, the green ones. Got them a couple weeks ago.

They’re great. Love them.

Proper button, and a zip. Velcro waist adjusters. Normal type pockets on front with no closure.

Really like them so far. Very comfortable.

sirromj

Have they got rid of the useless velcro that the Singletrack II shorts had?

On my pair of IIs I just hacked it off as they were more than snug enough without.

notmyrealname
    Free Member

On my pair of IIs I just hacked it off as they were more than snug enough without.

That’s what’ll be happening to mine once they’re dry.
    The main problem with it seems to be that it separates when they’re in the washing machine and the Velcro gets stuck to everything else!
    Not exactly the end of the world but bloody annoying.

iainc

Well having tried them on…..they’re going back. The shorts are certainly lighter than the 11’s but the Velcro adjusters are fiddly and I don’t really like the zip pocket on the back of the waistband as I imagine it could dig in under backpack. The bib liner shorts are weird sizing. I got them in large, same as my FS260’s but the shoulder straps are about an inch too short. The clipping onto the outers is a good idea though, but I prefer the Gore 2 in 1’s..

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Endura Singletrack 3 shorts ?’ is closed to new replies.