Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Endura Reactalite glasses and Alfine questions.
  • Mackem

No, they arent connected.

Do Endura reactalite glasses go clear enough for sensibe use whilst night-riding or should i just get an el chepo set of clear glasses too?

Is a double front and alfine rear a stupid idea?

Andituk
    Free Member

My Endura Pirhanas definetly don’t go clear, there’s not a massively noticable change, but enough to make them suitable for pretty much year round daytime riding.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Is a double front and alfine rear a stupid idea?

double what?

So far it would appear that alfines stand up to real MTB use.

Mackem

Two chainrings, granny and supergranny.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

YOu lose some of the advantages of having an alfine in that you need a sprung tensioner that will cope with the range of tension required.

Just accept the limted range of the alfine 8 or go for an 11 or a rohloff.

mieszko
    Free Member

I’ve got some other Endura glasses and the change is somewhere around 22 to somewhere around 30+ whatever the units are (according to the catalogue) so not much really but do not go clear as Andituk mentioned. I have to say the are ok-ish for all year use but I do find yellow lenses better for winter riding and clear lenses for riding when it’s dark. Plus recently got some prescription inserts so the Endura ones are just sitting doing nothing. Specialized did some adaptalite lenses that are kind of a red tint and they would be better for current conditions imho.

StuMcGroo
    Free Member

2. Yes

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Endura Reactalite glasses and Alfine questions.’ is closed to new replies.