Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Endura Pakajak?
  • shanta
    Free Member

Is the Pakajak anygood?

kcal

I’ve carried it a few times. Weighs little, packs small; worn it a couple of times – as much to keep chill out on a cooler day, as for water resistance.. Was pleased with the fit and comfort.

iainc

I have one and rate it. Rolls up tiny, good as wind and showerproof, decent fit – I carry it in a back pocket on road bike and it does a good job if caught out in a shower or stopped for a break.

Weasel
    Free Member

I had one but then thought a black jacket isn’t the best thing to wear at times, it was a good fit and not too hot.

Sold it on ebay and got one of these the other week in red.

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/dhb-mono-waterproof-jacket/

iainc

I tried that dhb one also but it didn’t fit well over a road jersey with stuff in the pockets

Northwind

Might be a little cheeky but I’ve got an unworn one, red size large, which I keep meaning to sell if you’re interested. No idea if it’s good, I’ve never worn it 😉 Tried on once, didn’t fit over my armour (I’m a medium, I was planning to use it over my downhill kit) , forgot to send it back…

shanta
    Free Member

Im after a XL Northwind. L does fit but would be too tight when worn with layers. Cheer for the offer..

brooess
    Free Member

I have one which I use mainly for running and love it. Non-flappy fit, windproof and very breathable and will keep a shower at bay.
    Don’t know what it’s like for abrasion for mountain biking but you can fall off your road bike on it and it’ll survive with just a few scrapes and holes…

mikey74
    Free Member

I think it’s a brilliant bit of kit. I use it paired with the Endura Windchill gillet during the winter (plus a long sleeve base layer) and it is a great combination.

It’s not a pure waterproof, but then again it puts up with the vast majority of conditions very well.

shanta
    Free Member

Just found it for half price too 😀 ….. but its in yellow 😥

kcal

mine’s (kelly) green. looks fine in that..

shanta
    Free Member

Green is my prefered colour but at half price i may have go yellow..

shanta
    Free Member

So, what is breathability like on the Pakajak, compared to similar price point capes?

iainc

Northwind – mailed you this morn about the red one..

monkeychild
    Free Member

Half price pakajak bought. Cheers OP.

FuzzyWuzzy

It’s a decent emergency jacket but not very breathable so not particularly pleasant to wear for long periods

turbo1397
    Free Member

I was thinking about a pakajak.. Managed to get one of these..

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/mavic-espoir-jacket/rp-prod59779

shanta
    Free Member

Got one £20 from Cycle Surgery in the end. Cheers for your replies guys.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Endura Pakajak?’ is closed to new replies.