Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Endura overshoes zips bursting…
  • coogan
    Free Member

Any else had this happen? My last pair one zip burst after a month or so of use, I got replacements and upgraded to the MT500 ones start of December. This evening came home and when I went to take them off they’d both split open at the zip down near the ankle. Picture shows what I mean. Right pain in butt as I had to break them to get them off. Will be calling the shop tomorrow, just wasn’t sure if I’m being unlucky or they have a habit of doing this.

jonnyboi

I have a different problem with the zips on mine, they are almost impossible to get started when on the shoe.

mrblobby
    Free Member
    coogan
    Free Member

I common theme by the looks of it! What’s a better non-zip breaking option??

Yak
    plus-one

Gave up on the Endura zipped ones after 2 pairs 🙁

Planet X ones fine after 4 winters 8)

ransos
    Free Member

Yes. I switched to dhb, much more durable.

garage-dweller

Another planet X vote.

They even go round my monster calves/ankles.

nedrapier

New MT500 flattie overshoes are velcro for this reason, and they’re moving (moved?) to velcro for the spd version as well.

DezB
    Free Member

Arf! Someone got all snobby when I mentioned Planet X overshoes previously! Apparently you’re meant to spend £40+ on bloody overshoes.

Anyway, yeah cheers, just bought some Dexter overshoes! They have a velcro flap over the zip so hopefully that’ll stop it splitting, or make them useable without the zip.
    (Funnily enough someone gave me some old Planet X ones with a zip up the back, which I strain to get over my shoes and ankles, but that zip has lasted ok! The overshoes just aren’t very warm or waterproof.)

bigfoot
    Free Member

after last night and breaking the zip on my endura ones i need some new ones, anyone know what the sizing is like on the planet X ones, i’m a size 10 and winter shoes are quite bulky so am thinking XL.

gwaelod
    Free Member

I have the Planet X size XL overshoes like that on a pair of Shimano MO87 size 45 as my regular commute gear and they are fine. As others have said cheap as chips and now on halfway through 3rd Welsh winter

superfastjellyfish
    Free Member

nedrapier – Member
    New MT500 flattie overshoes are velcro for this reason, and they’re moving (moved?) to velcro for the spd version as well.

The velcro on the new MT500 Flatshoe overshoe is no better. Both of my overshoes have ripped the velcro off after only 6 rides.

munrobiker
    Free Member

They’ve been doing this for years – my first set did it in 2009. Doesn’t sound like they’ve improved.

orena45

Just to add to this…got some new MT500 SPD overshoes just before Christmas and the zip on one failed (pulled off) on the second use. Just tried fixing it myself to get it back on and the zipper snapped. Eurgh…guess I just voided my warranty 😖

13thfloormonk

Uh-oh, have just started using some new Endura Road overshoes, although took the precaution of ordering one size too large, less of a wrestle to get on and lesd stress on zip.

Also I’m fairly sure they recommend cleaning and lubing the zips somewhere…

plus-one

Why I stopped buying them

superstu
    Free Member

Like everyone else, my endura zips broke, bought some Planet X and they’re far better

chakaping
    Free Member

BBB overshoes deserve a shout out as well.
    The heavy duty ones have served me well for a good few winters now.

TiRed

Anything with Velcro trumps a zip. Unless you buy XXL for normal feet. I gave up. Plenty of options. I also wear Sidi winter boots and long socks instead.

wallop

I also vote for Planet X and I am very* posh.

*this might not be 100% true.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Endura overshoes zips bursting…’ is closed to new replies.