Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Endura (or other) three quarter bib tights.
  • ton

are they the best?
    suffered from a cold back at the weekend, so i need to block out the draughts.

parkesie
    Free Member

Endura and funkier work for me.

teasel
    Free Member

Didn’t you claim bike clothing was overpriced shit not so long ago? 🙂

Have you considered a weightlifter’s belt or something…

But joking aside, Pearl Izumi are quality and reasonably priced. That’s where my money goes.

boxelder

Or DHB at Wiggle

ton

Didn’t you claim bike clothing was overpriced shit not so long ago?

it is overpriced shit, hence the reason i am asking before i buy.

teasel
    Free Member

It’s overpriced functional shit.

Have a look on Cyclestore – they usually have good deals on PI stuff. Most of the other major brands, too.

Suggsey
    Free Member

I find Endura sizing is small, Altura for real to life sizing IMO and IME.

jam-bo

I’ve got some of the endura 3/4 bibs. Function/comfort is good but not so impressed with quality. Some stitching is pulling and the logos are peeling off. Probably only done 2-300 miles in them.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Had a few different brands and currently favour morvelo or castelli.

akira

Got some basic Gore ones, seem to work as you’d expect. Are you wanting wintery ones or just simple ones? Quite like the look of the Castelli nanoflex stuff.

slowoldman

I have Endura and Galibier bib 3/4. The pads are a bit better in the Enduras but the Galibiers are much cheaper. The bib is very high in the Enduras so you shouldn’t get a cold back. However, you have to strip off to have a pee.

ampthill

I like my Endura 3/4 length bib tight things

I’m 6 foot 4 and about 98 kg. Usually XL clothing is flappy on me. These things are snug/tight

gonetothehills
    Free Member

Pearl Izumi are quality and reasonably priced. That’s where my money goes.

Defo. Plus they’re normal person size so you’re not buying something two sizes up to actually fit. And Cyclestore do have some good deals. The stuff fits well, it washes and lasts well too. I’d say it’s worth getting the Elite or Pro level as the pads are better than the Select.

shedbrewed
    Free Member

I bought and use a pair of Royal Membrane 3/4s which came up true to size for me as a Large (6’2″, lean). They come high up the front and back.
    I also bought a pair of merino ones from the Howies sample shop which now I’ve dropped 5kg are a little loose when I’ve finally come to wear them. If they’d be your size then £20 posted sees you get them. Likewise they are high front and back.
    As for the Endura stuff, our club kit is through them and the pads and skinsuits are nice but I’m not convinced on the quality of the lycra.

mr_stru

I’ve got some of the thermolite ones from a few years ago that are still going strong and are pretty comfy. The lettering on the legs is peeling off but otherwise they’re good. I’ve got some DHB ones as well, also from a few years ago and they’re not nearly as nice.

the_lecht_rocks

Howies but no 3/4s unfortunately.

benji
    Free Member

Virtually all my clothing is Endura and all of it is a medium, tried the three quarters on and they were baggy round my calfs, rest of it was the usual endura fit. So try them on, if you are like me and have sparrow legs.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Just ordered a set of Morvelo HiFi thermal bib knickers for winter – 3/4’s by any other name. Having tried Endura I think their Lycra is awful quality to be honest.
    Morvélo kit is excellent, really good quality and extremely comfy. Not that cheap – the bibs are £100 – but I swear by their kit. I have a short sleeves jersey, long sleeved thermal jersey & some bibshorts already.

jam-bo

the_lecht_rocks – Member
    Howies but no 3/4s unfortunately.

http://www.howies.co.uk/mens/clothing/cycle/bib-sh34rts-black.html?colour=26

As if by magic…

onlysteel
    Free Member

Not any more, imho. I’d suggest Pearl Izumi for fit, durability. Agree with comment above re Elite & PRO.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

DHB are spotty dog Tony.

the_lecht_rocks

howies now do 3/4’s and i have some – usual velvety quality and great pricing for the qulity / pad.

gee
    Free Member

I’ve tried loads over the years and the only ones that seem to last more than 2 winters are Assos.

Expensive but in £/year very cheap.

crazy-legs

I’ve never seen the point of 3/4’s.
    I’d much rather use a pair of shorts and some knee warmers. That way I have shorts, which I can use on their own for summer, and a pair of knee warmers to add to them which takes care of spring/autumn.

Can’t really see the point of buying such an expensive and specific item of clothing that I’d only wear a few weeks of the year. Knee warmers are just cheap and easy, 3/4 bib shorts are expensive!

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

I prefer DHB to Endura.

kcal

hm, Endura 3/4 here, had at least a couple of pairs, as one gets a bit thin just wear shorts over them.

Wear them – if not all year round then quite a lot as protect my knees is a good thing IMO.

mtbel
    Free Member

Where as some of us (me for one) wear 3/4 pretty much all year round.
    Can’t say my knees have ever suffered from overheating in them (in the UK)
    Knee warmers (decent ones) are far from cheap

mtbel
    Free Member

Not sure I could recommend bibs to anyone, nevermind strangers online. They’re a garment you really need to tryfore you buy. I have used Endura in the past and found them Ok. Nothing brilliant but they did last well.

the_lecht_rocks

Knee warmers are great for changeable conditions like commuting early morning late afternoon.

zelak999
    Free Member

DHB get my vote. Great quality with a super comfy chamois. Good VFM too!

scotroutes

I’m a big fan of 3/4 knickers or bib-knickers. I’ve used Endura, Gore and Labgear. The pad on the latter is a bit rubbish but they fit fine. Gore are the usual comfortable/quality. The Enduras are the MT500s and I like that they are a slightly thicker material – in fact double material on the outside of the thighs. The 600 series pads can be a bit thick and unwieldy, though they get better after a few washes.

brooess
    Free Member

I’ve got some Endura 3/4 from a couple of years ago. They’re certainly warm enough and coverage up the back is fine. Bit tricky at the pee stop but aren’t all bibs?
    Pad is a bit nappy-like when you’re off the bike but they’re dead comfy to wear and strangers think you’re a freak for wearing lycra in the first place so I doubt the nappy thing will make people think any worse of you 🙂
    They’re not the best fit around the calf but it’s not noticeable when riding.
    I don’t think they’re as good as the Endura bib shorts I bought 10+ years ago which are still going strong but they’re perfectly fine vfm

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘Endura (or other) three quarter bib tights.’ is closed to new replies.