Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Endura MT500 overshoes cheapskate needs opinions please !
  • oldfart

I have a pair of Northwave winter boots and a pair of Northwave summer shoes .Now i don’t want to wear winter boots unless conditions dictate so they will last longer and the summer shoes are mesh tastic !So instead of spending £60 odd for something like the Shimano AM45s would £25 spent on overshoes work with the summer shoes ?I hear that overshoes wear out really quickly though is that the case ?

Junkyard
    Free Member

ok if you never walk on them but not really waterproof IME.
    I wear my winter boots for about 9 mths a year

IainGillam
    Free Member

Overshoes probably wont keep your summer shoes completly dry, if it’s really raining the water gets in the top or can get forced up through the hole for the cleat so you might end up with your summer shoes ruined. I haven’t found them to wear out particularly quickly though, might be a different story if you were intending to use them off road.

Iain

finbar
    Free Member

I had a pair of Endura overshoes. Along with everything else i’ve ever bought from them, they failed all too quickly – the velcro tab at the top that holds the zip closed pulled off.

hammerite
    Free Member

I had a pair of Endura overshoes. Along with everything else i’ve ever bought from them, they failed all too quickly – the velcro tab at the top that holds the zip closed pulled off.

Where as the zip bust on mine after only 3 months, they still stay on with just the velcro tab on the top though. So I just use them for all the abuse they get.

wwaswas

I wear overshoes on my winter boots int he snow for warmth but, tbh, they’re a pain for regular wear.

I’d eithe rbite the bullet and accept additional wear on your winter boots or get some autumnal footwear.

lambo

Same endura experience here, like my shorts and gloves they quickly dropped to bits. Zip went and velcro did hold em together but i invested in shimano boots because they are less faff and do the job.

pypdjl
    Free Member

If the zip goes just send them back for a warranty replacement. I find they work pretty well, although a pair of proper winter boots would doubtless be better.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Endura MT500 overshoes cheapskate needs opinions please !’ is closed to new replies.