Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Endura mt500 flatty overshoes, a mini review
  • MadBillMcMad

The very mini review. They just work.

Mini review.
    1 possibly buy up a size. My 510 pros, size 43,meant a large. The XL is mighty tight. There’s no way I could get a L on.

2.Handy tab at back for pulling on and off.

3. They look less dorkish once they’re actually on and fitted.

4. Only one ride in, but that was 3 hours at minus 3. Shoes nice and dry at the end.

5. Undress before putting them on. Just getting them on is equivalent to a 15 minute steep climb.

6. Getting them off is no easier.

7. Am I happy with them. So far, yes.

cdoc
    Free Member

Cheers Bill, really want some of these for commuting but they are not available for anything bigger than a ten 🙁
    Here’s hoping that bigger sizes are in the pipeline.

joemmo
    Free Member

thanks for the review – couple of Qs: do you find the toe and mid-sole strap under the foot interfere with grip at all? How does that part stand up to wear and tear from the pins? cheers

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    GolfChick
    Free Member

Had my eye on these a couple of times lately for over the winter, be interested in a more long term review. Always get cold feet and five tens aren’t exactly known for their repelent nature!

nickgti
    Free Member

I have a pair on my size 10 fiveten shoes. It was a real fight to get them on, so much so I’ve left them on the shoes and can mange to undo the laces and get them on and off.
    I use DMR v12 and have never felt any pedal interference with them at all.
    I suffer with cold feet and these have fixed that issue nicely.
    I’ve Used them on three cold n wet rides now and well worth the money, but the sizing is pants size 10 is definitely the limit.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Just bought a pair for my wife – shop suggested a medium (7-8) for her size 6 shoes – but glad to hear they’re good.

dumbbot
    Free Member

I’ve just picked up a set of these with the Evans 20% in store discount thing. Size L/XL and my shoes are size 8UK five ten ÆSCENT, it is a real struggle getting them on, but as the other reviewers say I don’t fancy your chances if you’re a much big shoe size.

I haven’t used them in anger yet, but I did find taking off your shoe first and the overshoe came off without much problem. I just need to find a better way of getting them on.

Rubber_Buccaneer

Bought some in M/L size for my size 41 shoes. Way too tight, I got one on after a serious bit of wrestling and decided no way was that realistic once cold, wet and covered in mud. Sent them back for some L/XL which are better but still not easy to get on. Not tested in the wild yet but look promising

nedrapier

Well this is timely. I was looking at these this morning. Almost posted a “How are you getting on with them?” thread.

For shortish local rides, I’ve got 2 sets of shoes that can dry out before the next but one ride, but I’ve got a 2 day bivi ride coming up which is likely to be a wet one. Sounds like these are worth a go. My size 44 5.10s are the freerider pro, a bit more compact than the galmuphing special shoes, so hopefully they’ll do the job.

From what I’ve read, some time warming on a radiator is a good idea when putting them on for the first time.

cb200
    Free Member

Disappointed with the Sealskinz ones, I thought these looked great, so bought the l/xl ones. There was no hope in hell that these were going to fit over any of my 9.5uk shoes, so they went straight back.

I’ve now opted for some warm mtb boots instead

joemmo
    Free Member

Would be interested to hear if anyone has tried these with Adidas terrex shoes. They are quite clumpy but I don’t know how they compare to 510s etc

cdoc
    Free Member

I have both and the terrex are way more svelte than 5:10s.
    Really want to try these but not a chance that they will fit a size 47

MadBillMcMad

As far as getting them on, my recommendation is stripping off completely, then get in a cold bath.

Alternatively regard them as a cheap alternative to a sauna.

Lummox

Gutted as I’m size 47 and the wife bought the biggest size, not a chance of getting them on. Really was looking forward to these. Booooooo

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

If anyone ends up with XL spare I’d be interested at the right price.. Hoping they will work with my size 8!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Endura mt500 flatty overshoes, a mini review’ is closed to new replies.