Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Endura MT500 2 Jacket
  • oscillatewildly
    Free Member

anyone got one? its suppose be the bees’ knees from all the reviews in magazines, any real world review offerings?

I’m hate it when jackets bunch up around your stomach when pedalling seated, is it quite a nice close fit like gore stuff?

don’t mind paying a bit more if its going to last a fair few years, can get a good discount too with mt500 at my lbs (most offerings online are 5% max)

I’m around 38inch chest, slim frame, so assuming it will be a small?

hodgynd
    Free Member

Great jacket..Ive got the first version ..and would love the 2..which is a notch up again

tonyg2003

Yep – got a mt500 2. Its not quite road jacket close fitting but seems very breathable/waterproof and well fitted for me. Although everyone is different sizing wise.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

I had the first version a few years ago (think it was purple and called burner or something) was always pretty good but found the sizing odd, remember it being quite baggy and ill fitting

hoping the newer one is slightly more fitting and no so flappy 🙂

chaos

Tried a small today as LBS were out of medium. I’m a similar build to you I think and chest-wise it was fine with a t-shirt and thin fleece under but I found the arms were too short; at least for my simulation of being stretched out on the bike and having long arms/legs relative to my height (5’9″). I’m going back in a day or two to try the medium when their next batch of stock comes in.

cheddarchallenged
    Free Member

Slight thread hijack but has anyone tried the mt500 ii waterproof trousers? Are they as good as the jacket?

stevemuzzy
    Free Member

I was in the market for a good waterproof bike jacket which i could also wear walking and stuff Tried the mtb 500 and being a bit if an endura fan thought i would love it. It was not great! Fit was strange. Tight round chest but baggy round the waist. Maybe i accidentally picked the middle age spread fit but had to send it back. Ended up with a maddison addict. Excellent bit of kit and sub 150 in a few places.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

Cool some mixed thoughts ref the fitting

Ill get up and try one on then, defo dont want baggy and loose it will do my head in

Nicest fitting jackets ive had are softshell gore, but they arent fully waterproof and are very expensive too

I looked at the addict but its gone off madison site so assume its now a defunct model?

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

just been try one on, and it felt great in small, very nicely made, very expensive, but looks like it would breathe incredibly well too, fit nicely in the crouch position of biking without bunching up hardly any

thorpie
    Free Member

I have one and rate it. Typically I’m between small and medium so had to comprise on fit a little and go for the medium, small was just too tight across the chest and shoulders. What I like about it is the breathability, so many vents. With all the vents open it’s almost like you are not wearing it, without taking it off! I wore it everyday for seven days, in some atrocious weather, whilst bikepacking the North Coast 500 earlier this year, it kept me dry and aerated the whole seven days and was an invaluable piece of kit.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

good to hear thorpie, good write up, and I can see what you mean by the vents, theres loads, and well placed too

luckily I’m only a skinny rat, so the small felt spot on everywhere, hood is a welcome extra too for when its howling out

brickwizard
    Free Member

also have the MT500 2. I find it a great fit but at times the hood can be annoying and when I roll it away it hanks on back of my helmet.
    Having said that the hood comes into its own on a downpour!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Endura MT500 2 Jacket’ is closed to new replies.