Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Endura light-reactive glasses
  • cynic-al
    Free Member

Anyone use them? Tempted but not sure how dark they go in sunlight (not going at all dark in today’s greyness)

rocketman
    Free Member

Have got some Mullets they go from a kind of medium grey to a pale grey quick enough to use in and out of the trees. Never dark enough to say they’re sunglasses and never clear enough to use at night.

Not quite as optically perfect as some but they’re OK

Cheezpleez

Looking at them (while not wearing them) I’ve never been able to tell whether the lenses get any darker/lighter. However, they’ve always done a good job of letting the right amount of light in when wearing them in a reasonable range of conditions, from murky to v bright.

withersea
    Free Member

Have some, OK for the money, but if you want proper transition lenses look elsewhere such aas specspecialized or oakley.

teef
    Free Member

Endura have 2 grades of light reactive glasses – LightReactive Plus & LightReactive. The LRPlus are 80%-20% & the LR 40%-10%. The LPRlus cost about £80 & the LR about £40. I had a pair of Masai Glasses which were functionally excellent although the lens seemed to scratch fairly easily and the frames eventually broke. I’m not sure I’d get another pair.

ivorhogseye
    Free Member

There are two types of lens, the cheaper ones have a narrower range of tint. Around the £80 mark you’ll get the wider range (masai for example), these are more suitable for MTB work. I’ve used them for everything including night riding.

gren
    Free Member

Yep – had the mullets (£40ish) and they did not change much. Okay for fairly sunny days but a bit crap for riding in and out of trees. Can’t really complain for the money though.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Cheers, will mull(over)et 😎

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Endura light-reactive glasses’ is closed to new replies.