Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Endura Humvee Trousers – Any Good?
  • franksinatra

My Endura Singletrack shorts finally gave up last night after many years of faithful service. For winter commute I use these and Gore leg warmers. Thinking of replacing the shorts / warmers combo with Humvee trousers for the commute.

Any thoughts, good or bad?

killwillforchips
    Free Member

Bad.

franksinatra

Bump in the hope of getting a slightly more detailed answer!

Mounty_73

They are awful to wear when they get wet.

I would use the singletrack 3/4 or trousers. CRC were doing the trousers at a reduced price recently.

bigblackshed

I use them more off the bike than on TBH. Fine in the dry, only ridden once with them slightly damp, not a great experience.

Much preferred to wear baggies / thermal tights when cold / waterproof overtrousers when wet, when I was bike commuting.

somafunk

As others have said, so bad when wet i’d rather ride bareback wi my bollox slapping against the saddle.

I have no experience of the other Endura 3/4s but i can recommend the swrve winter 3/4’s and the mid-weight 3/4s – fantastic to ride in and shrug off the water n’ dirt.

franksinatra

Do they repel water at all? My commute is only 15mins and is usually short enough to keep dry with just ‘water resitant’ clothing as opposed to ‘water proof’.

DezB
    Free Member

Pretty good in cold-ish conditions. I have worn them with shorts and legwarmers underneath. I like em.
    Problem is when the bottoms get wet & muddy round the ankle they go droopy and get caught in the chain.

[edit] Just seen your post above – I use Altura NightVision trousers for wet commutes. Added bonus of being very visible. HumVees would be fine in the dry.

somafunk

Nah, they seem to attract water with a weird reactionary osmosis – you can walk through a room with a glass of water on the table and by the time you reach the other side you’ll feel a creeping damp sensation crawling up your legs, and they never dry out, i washed mine last week and they’re still in the tumble dryer.

Perhaps i’m being a tad glib with the truth but they’re crap for riding in, great for wearing post ride and general arseing about but wtf are those big baggy pockets on the back for?.

teasel
    Free Member

They fit an O/S map.

Don’t understand the baggy bit, though; my 3/4s sit rather tight due to my somewhat rotund buttocks…

charliemort

how about gore fusion so 3/4 length windstopper jobbies – anyone use those?

brodie
    Free Member

I just got a pair of these for the commute. For some reason they seem really slippy with my saddle, annoyingly so. The material around the ass panel is different from the 3/4 length versions i also have.

shredder
    Free Member

Have a look at these I have just purchased a couple of pairs very good.
    Here

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Endura Humvee Trousers – Any Good?’ is closed to new replies.