Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Endura Humvee 3/4 are they any good
  • pendlechris
    Free Member

Thinking of getting these for night rides, are they any good, are they good in the wet? Want something for the colder night rides.

takisawa2

I have some. Love them. Prefer the shorts most of the time, but covering the knees is welcome when its really cold. Mine aren’t exactly waterproof any more, but even when wet they are still comfy.

wildheart
    Free Member

By far my most worn and loved bit of kit. On my 3rd pair now having literally worn the arse out of em 🙂
    I would say though that the liner shorts have always been on the small side so try a pair first.

edlong
    Free Member

Very happy with mine.

pudd
    Free Member

I find them to be scratchy on the knees. The popper ain’t worth a poop. But other than that they’re alright; suppose.

j40aja
    Free Member

I’ve just bought a pair of the latest ones and am very impressed.

I suffer from knee problems and having shorts that cover the knee keeps them warm and makes a big difference for me.

I have 2 pairs of normal Humvees which are a size large but needed to go up a size on the 3/4s. Don’t know if Endura have changed their sizing or if the 3/4s are on the neater side.

They have changed the liner and find it much better fit and comfort levels are improved as the pad seems better.

Would definitely recommend them.

rocketman
    Free Member

mrs rocket has some 3/4 Humvees she likes them. Not actually that long sortof below the knee when standing and on the knee when riding (the ladies version that is) but otherwise functional and comfortable.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Use 3/4 Hummvee’s in conjunction with some 3/4 tights and they keep your knees in much better state of comfort.

Mounty_73

I have had a pair for nearly 3 years, I love them. Just not very comfortable when they are wet.

Looking at getting the singletracks in 3/4’s too.

patcho68
    Free Member

Love them. Got Humvee 3/4 and singletrack 3/4’s. I prefer the singletracks, as they are a slimmer fit. But that’s probably cos I have legs like Twiggy.

zippykona

Very grateful for them this morning.Not good in the wet as per other threads cut down some waterproof trousers.

stevious

Mine are great. Only drawbacks are they make putting kneepads on SLIGHTLY more of a faff and sometimes the popper on the waist comes loose. I’m not fat. OK?

theotherjonv

Hated them, don’t like the feeling of the fabric on my knees. Sold them to someone on here.

If it’s cold enough for knee warmth to be an issue, 3/4 bibs under baggies is a way cooler look.

cakefacesmallblock

Haven’t worn anything other than Humvee 3/4 or Humvee shorts for 3 years now, 3/4s are about finished though, but will oredr another pair. Medium / 32″ in most things, but large are the only size which fit well. They start with a slightly water repellent finish, which will be gone after 3 or 4 rides / washes. I just chuck ’em in with other outdoor stuff if I have the Nikwax on the go, it seems to put a little back . 3/4s are just about wearable with 661 Strait kneepads, anything more bulky and you’ll struggle. Horrible if really soaked through on muddy days, but then what ain’t ? Clickfast liners work well, but to be honest dont often use them. Never had an issue with the press-stud thing though.

rootes1

I found afetr two pairs of 3/4hummvee that SWRVE 3/4 are better, comfy, less pockets and more durable.

bazza17
    Free Member

Good in general conditions but once they get soaked, the stick to your legs (don’t they all) and can feel heavy. Not keen on 3/4 length unless dryish IME

MrSynthpop
    Free Member

Love them, have a fairly knackered three year old pair that I ride in most of the time, they are annoying if you wear larger knee pads but I’ve never had an issue with low profile d3o-type pads

johnnystorm

When mine wear out I’m buying some more. 8)

sporteus

I think they’re excellent. Hardwearing and good value too.

mrelectric

They have a slightly water repellent finish which you can refresh with that Grangers stuff. I wore mine out after 3 years or so and finally ripped the bum on the saddle, so binned them. I tried the MT500 Spray Baggy shorts, which are really good; better fit and much better in the wet than the Humvees, also tougher & without the clammyness of the PTFE full waterproof shorts.
    Tend to wear 3/4 bibs under these shorts but might get the 3/4 Spray.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Does anyone have a pair of them in the small size that they could measure for me please?
    I’d like to know the inside leg measurement as i’ve only got ickle legs..

LoveTubs
    Free Member

I have the shorts and they are rubbish! Velcro is pants + they ride down during climbs + the clasps don’t work + the side straps ride up onto your skin as the things slip down – sh1te, utter sh1te.

Don’t know a thing about the 3/4s tho 🙄 :mrgreen:

MoreCashThanDash

Mine are great, apart from Endura’s sizing means that the Large pair I have are uncomfortably tight, yet my medium Alturas are a nice snug fit!

Only gripe is the press stud closure isn’t the most secure, I prefer the Altura clsure.

Now, a Humvee with Alturas fastenings and sizing, that would be a winner!

TiRed

Love mine. Wear them over bib 3/4 in the winter and the click in shorts in the summer. I’m a 31″ waist and found the Small too small and the Medium a little large. The belt is worthless. Some of the pockets are of no use and the zips undo, but overall I think they are great.

muddy, I have a 32″ inseam and my mediums have a crotch apex to inside edge length of 20.5″. I don’t recall the smalls being much shorter.

druidh
    Free Member

I’m about to buy my 3rd pair – that’s in about 6 years.

The first simply wore out and I eventually had to retire them
    The second are now following.

I’ve found the liners to be too tight round my thighs, but otherwise comfy.

I like that they aren’t too baggy.

zovelo
    Free Member

The hummvees are great value 3/4s. Comfortable and practical and very nice for the price. They are not waterproof though. If you want something waterproof and can spend a bit more money try the Endura Venturi 3/4s. Mine have lasted for 4 years so far and still not looking tired (as I only use them when it’s wet and cold) and they are properly waterproof and pretty breathable. Warmer over your knees than the hummvees as well, thanks to the waterproofing stopping windchill better. Definitely worth a look.

binners

They’re great! Be warned though. If you throw them into the back of your car after a night ride, and they accidentally flick on a 20w Lumicycle light, which then heats up, they melt! Luckily they then smoulder, rather than burst into flames, setting fire to your car. Which is handy 😳

crotchrocket
    Free Member

Hate them. waistband popper is shite and the ones I wasted my money on have no loops for a belt (no idea if newer ones do).

3/4 Bib and a pair of baggy shorts is a much better deal for me: less flappy when wet, still have warm knees, totes better solution.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Endura Humvee 3/4 are they any good’ is closed to new replies.