Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Endura Hummvee worn stitching
  • mmel
    Free Member

Mornin,

Was disappointed to find the stitching on the arse area of my Hummvee shorts has worn through after less than 2 months use. Anyone else have the same problem?

druidh
    Free Member

I just binned a set of Humvees that were about 4 years old and the other pair must be 3 years old by now.

rocky-mountain
    Free Member

Sew them up, done this on humvees and a pair of pearl izumis that are from the 1990’s. both still going strong. Likewise when stacking causes a tear, a beer, thread and needle and off you go.

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

Stitching wears. Mudguards help (less mud on arse = less sandpaper effect – shorts and saddles last longer) but still wear. Sew em up and -ride on,.

toxicsoks
    Free Member

The missus has just re-stitched my 2yr old Humvees – she reckoned the thread used was crap so she’s used some heavy duty, waxed thread.

mmel
    Free Member

Thanks chaps, sounds like I need to get the mother-in-law’s sewing machine out. This could end in tears…. 😯

kendo954
    Free Member

if using a sewing machine, take the shorts off first or it will end in tears

Coyote
    Free Member

My Humvees lasted about 4 years which included a couple of trips to Whistler. Only binned them cause the zip went.

rocky-mountain
    Free Member

I came off on the way to work to teachground down my knee, with a cut, graze and some crap in it, got there late with blood caked down my leg, walked in the classroom to set the students off, the said I just need to go and change. Not sure what ousted would have said..

Anyhow, stitched up the shorts at lunch and rember each time I look at the Frankenstein stitching.

alaric

I’ve always been very impressed with the longevity of Humvees, with the exception of one pair that wore out in a couple of months. I’d bought them at Skyline on a trip to Wales, sent them back with a friendly letter, they sent them to Endura and a few weeks later I had a new pair of shorts – so it’s worth trying your retailer!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Endura Hummvee worn stitching’ is closed to new replies.