Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • endura hummvee 3/4 or single track 3/4
  • robhughes
    Free Member

Hi gang.which of these two are of the best quality.
    Thanks in advance to anyone who comments on this post.
    (to cheer up namasterbuzz) 😉

Tinners

The waist poppers continually coming undone on Humvees will grate after a short while. They all do it.

audiophile
    Free Member

Have Humvees and the waist popper is a bit of a pain, but don’t want to give them up as they are the only short I’ve come across with an OS map sized pocket. Quality is fantastic and they still look like new with 2000 miles on the clock. I believe the Singletracks are made from a thinner fabric which will probably breath better, I thought they seemed expensive though as they don’t come with a liner.

druidh
    Free Member

Tinners – Member
    The waist poppers continually coming undone on Humvees will grate after a short while. They all do it.

Neither of mine do.

Are you wearing the right size?

Tinners

Are you wearing the right size?

Yes right size and I’m no Jimmy five bellies either. In fairness they are good shorts and the belt helps. They’d be better with a proper button, though, I reckon.

robhughes
    Free Member

Thats cool i know a little old lady who could sort that out for me 😉

Smuzzy
    Free Member

Singletracks are heavier material. I have both. Humvees, spring/autumn singletracks in winter. Love them both

Bagstard
    Free Member

Although the humvees feel thicker they are better in the dry months. If you get a soaking the singltracks will be more comfortable and dry quicker. No popper problems for me on either.

Quality-wise I would go with the singletrack’s, they seem better finished, but I like them both.

z1ppy

Of the 2, at the moment, I’d get the singletracks as there water repellent. Though I’d also be considering Altura Attack 3/4’s, as I’ve found a completely waterproof short to be great during the winter months (no liner included in the price though)

stevede
    Free Member

I have singletracks and have the popper issue on them as well. The humvee’s look much better value and my mate rates his pair.

Christowkid
    Free Member

There was an issue with the poppers on Humvee’s a while ago. I’d bought two pairs from different sources ( LBS and CRC ) and both went within a few times of wearing.
    I phoned up, explained, they said there was a known issue though they thought they’d rounded up the errant pairs. They asked me to send the outers back in and new ones returned by return post. Didn’t even want to see receipts. End of!
    New ones fine.
    I like them
    Q

ahwiles
    Free Member

both great shorts.

the singletracks are closer-fitting and ‘shorter’ – i wear mine on my road bike when i don’t want old ladies to point and laugh at me.

they’re also made from what appears to be sturdier material.

humvees are longer and baggier.

both well made, both sturdy enough to stand up to a bit of mild crashing.

crotchrocket
    Free Member

Ahwiles> I couldn’t disagree more. I’ve had 3 pairs of Singletracks all replaced under warrentee as the gusset has failed after a couple of months wear. I’ve got some humvees that continually unpop (useless shite)
    If they designed & sourced the right parts the 1st time they wouldn’t have such a poor reputation & be replcing stuff left right and center

FWIW I’ve switched to Fox >truly excellent every pair I have and sombrio (1 pair) also>truly excellent.

ahwiles
    Free Member

oh well, without making a conscious effort to buy endura stuff, i have collected the following;

1 pair singletrack shorts

1 pair humvee shorts

1 pair singletrack trousers

1 waterproof jacket

1 pair waterproof gloves

1 pair wind-proof gloves

1 merino baa-baa layer thing.

1 short sleeve t-shirt thing.

all way more than 1 year old – some stuff approaching 3 years old (singletrack shorts + jacket + water proof gloves).

no problems whatsoever.

clearly i am one of life’s lucky individuals – i always suspected as much, now i have proof.

(now i think about it, the sizing is weird, oh well, i’m used to it)

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

If you’re a bit “chunky” (34″ or more waist) – Humvees, if not Singletracks.

crotchrocket
    Free Member

Ahwiles> perhaps you just don’t ride much?
    Fwiw “luck” is just the word people use to give an account of events when they are too dim to understand how they happened 😉

That said I’ve been really lucky with the endura jacket I have. But I don’t actually wear it much

singletrackmind

I wear mine without the liner popped in . Seems to fit me better , plus means you can wear non Endura Lycra shorts under them. My Humvees are medium , and I am 33 / 34″ waist and they are just a touch small, could do wth 1″ off my tummy to make em fit. Good shorts although mine have areally annoying hole in a plaet by the knee which catches my leg hair and i cant figure out how to solve that niggle

ahwiles
    Free Member

crotchrocket – Member

Ahwiles> perhaps you just don’t ride much?
    Fwiw “luck” is just the word people use to give an account of events when they are too dim to understand how they happened…

do i know you?

X

🙂

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘endura hummvee 3/4 or single track 3/4’ is closed to new replies.