• This topic has 81 replies, 39 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by jad.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 82 total)
  • Endura Equipe – New range of clothing from Endura to hit the Road Market……..
  • Crell
    Free Member

Bang on JonEdwards. Three pairs of Humvees, all sized differently on the liner, which then falls apart (the one I could use). I measured one "medium" at a 26" waist. The outers have been OK though. QC seems non-existant in recent years.

romster
    Free Member

s there a difference in quality (control) between MTB and road clothing from Endura then?

Of course there is, 2 years of development with the Endura road team means this one comes onto the scene with a lot of input from the guys that are wearing it the most, and it shows in the design.

If you want to find out what the difference is mate go here, i could go on but i don't want anyone thinking I'm "selling" it to you. 😆

I just like the stuff…..

juan
    Free Member

Well team leader (alex) is happy with his stuff. Or at least was, last time I spoke to him.
    My experience with endura has been bad. A pair of glove that only lasted one MM and 5 rides before having holes in the palm. And a waterproof trousers that got the crouch far down the middle of my tights.

FuzzyWuzzy

Most of the Endura bits I've bought have been gash, the only slightly redeeming thing is they sponsor a team so put money back into the sport, it's likely still not enough for me look twice at the new range though unless it starts getting rave (impartial) reviews.

oddjob
    Free Member

I find that the quality of the Endura stuff I have had has been OK (no better) but the sizing is completely unpredictable and seems to be different for different items. There is seldom much link between their size charts and the actual garments. As I tend to buy online, then I go with brands where I can trust the sizing to avoid the trouble of returning stuff. As a result I have mostly Gore for mountain biking and Rapha for poncing road riding

dab

I've got a fair cross section of kit from HH / Altura / Endura / Gore / Protective and i have to say that as much as i love my Singletrack shorts the Gore and Protective stuff is streets ahead on quality.

i dont buy as much now as i used to but i really do value stuff that's hardwearing and Gore wins hands down from that POV

Endura's aftersales might be good,but it shouldnt be falling apart in the first place and there's all the hassle and expense to post and get it back etc !!

i'm saving a bit longer and sticking to Gore / protective from now on, least that way i know the stuff will still be in one piece.

romster
    Free Member

but it shouldnt be falling apart in the first place

+1

Just out of interest, when did you buy your Endura garment? And, how long until you ran into problems?

aP
    Free Member

TAL stuff used to be great, still have a club jersey and gamex from 93 that's been fine (and still fits!)
    New Endura stuff – ie since 2000 has been appalling, I wouldn't buy anything they make TBH, as it isn't that cheap but doesn't last very long. I'd rather just spend the money on good quality clothing that last well.

MrSalmon
    Free Member

I've ripped the ar$e out of a couple of pairs of Humvees but I don't necessarily hold that against Endura- I was riding a lot at the time and I'm not convinced that any other brand would have fared much better. I've got a gilet and jacket that are still going strong after a few years so I've not really got any quibbles on the quality side. I have had a couple of pairs of medium shorts that were nowhere near the same size though.

That said I don't really perceive them to be quite as good as, say, Gore, so with a little more money coming in that's the sort of stuff I'd probably go for. But I think Endura do a fine job for the section of the market they're in.

Del

'ok' for the money, great design let down by poor execution and poor QC. i'll moan about their 5hite belts ( again! ), but on the singletrack shorts they obviously realised there was a problem, the webbing wasn't thick enough to work with the buckles, but instead of changing the webbing or the buckles they put rivets through the webbing to stop the buckle falling off! on the single tracks i had the rivet fell off as i pulled the shorts out of the bag!
    if someone else came along and copied the singletracks directly, but used a decent belt, quality zippers and poppers, and charged even a tenner more they'd clean up IMO.
    sorry – i do like the design of their stuff but i'm not buying any more if they can't learn from their mistakes.

cynic-al
    Free Member

don't want anyone thinking I'm "selling" it to you

Why not just declare your interest?

romster
    Free Member

huh? 😯

slowjo
    Free Member

I have a pair of heavy duty bibs (don't know the model no I'm afraid) and have been wearing them for years and years. The zip tag has gone and the chamois isn't as comfortable as it used to be but otherwise they seem pretty bomb proof.

I have a waterproof jacket that is ok except the zip on the back pocket fouls the storm flap and I can never get the damn thing done up when I'm wearing it. It is a magic jacket (i.e. it never rains when I have it with me) So I can forgive it its' shortcomings!

breatheeasy
    Free Member

Edura seem to think all XL people have ankles like tree trunks. Their waterproof longs are so flappy round the ankles on me that they are rediculous.

Two pairs of MT500 shorts gave up the ghost. The 2nd pair didn't have half the clickfast poppers on them but I could be chewed to send them back.

I'm willing to accept their road stuff is 'better' and good luck to them but I'll not be forming a queue to get it.

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

I'm another one who has not found an Endura product that fits me properly. Pair of XXL shorts (I think not), and years ago my first proper MTB waterproof was an Endura, and the sleeve length was ridiculous, there was no way they had designed it with anyone sat on a bike, the sleeves finished an inch above my wrist off the bike, sat on a bike the cuffs were mid forearm.

If I could find some of their kit that fitted, I mkight be tempted, but then others have found build quality so variable that I'd possibly still look at other makes first.

BigDummy
    Free Member

I am absolutely gob-smacked by this thread and romster. A couple of points:

– No-one believes you're not selling this stuff.

– Most also believe it will be crap anyway.

– Buy some advertising space.

😆

monksie
    Free Member

dab-how did you get in my head and steal my thoughts without me feeling any pain what so ever?
    Nah – I've Endur(a)ed enough of their stuff for a lifetime.
    Gore, Rapha, Assos and Protective for me.

crazy-legs

Actually I'm going to go against the grain here. The new road stuff is fantastic. Lightweight, close fitting, technically excellent, looks great (unless you have more than about 10% body fat!).

The problem is largely akin to Saracen coming back into the fold of making good bikes. Everyone knows they USED to make great bikes, then they went all yoof and cheap, now they've started making great bikes again but are struggling to shake off their old image. Same with Endura; there's been a few years where quality is a bit suspect, sizing is a bit random etc and now they're back on top of things again but no-one believes them!

I've had the same situation with Endura – some of their stuff is truly brilliant, some of it has been very problematic. The FS260 top and the Singletrack shorts are 2 of the best bits of biking clothing I've got yet the gloves have been rubbish and my eVent jacket had to go back for repairs which took weeks.

nickc

My experience with Endura stuff is similar to others I'd say, I've a pair of MT500 lycra shorts that have lasted well enough, but their baggies are universally shit, both a pair of Singletrack and Humvee have had stitching come undone on the seat, and as these are specifically cycling shorts, that's frankly; gash. If I want cheap stuff I now buy dhb, and for quality gear I buy Gore. Would love to support UK companies, but the product isn't worth my money.

cynic-al
    Free Member

romster – Member

huh?

What your interest is in the kit selling.

romster
    Free Member

Talk England mate – i don't really get what your asking me……

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

My sizing problem with an Endura waterproof goes back to 1995, the shorts only to this last year. Still can't see me buying anything from them in the near future.

oldgit
    Free Member

Every bit of Endura I've had has failed.
    Bought some Humvees so I didn't look like a kiddy fidler when I was with my lad. Liners/shorts mismatched, got them changed but the liners were terrible really just token jobs. Anyway I wore them and the zip broke day one, so much for not looking like a kiddy fidler.
    3/4s fell apart at the seams.
    Biblongs didn't last.
    Gloves, lining came away.
    It's not me, I've still got race kit that I wear from the early 90s.
    For cheap and good Nalini.
    Why would I ever want to buy Endura again.

cynic-al
    Free Member

romster – Member

Talk England mate – i don't really get what your asking me……

Why are you bigging up the kit? Most doubt it is for love of it, more likely a commercial interest.

traildog
    Free Member

I think JonEdwards is stop on. I have some MT500 shorts which are close to 10 years old and they've lasted well. I only wear them as under shorts now as they look old and a bit baggy and worn, but they've no holes. More recent kit has been a bit hit or miss. I'm finding sizing hit or miss with a lot of clothes (high street as well as cycling) as Medium is seeming to become the new Small.

A few companies seem to have noticed that people are willing to spend large amounts of money on quality roadie kit and are aiming for that market. Some of it is sub standard, but marketed as designer. I don't know where this Endura stuff is, but lets hope it's good as more choice can only be a good thing.

romster
    Free Member

Why are you bigging up the kit? Most doubt it is for love of it, more likely a commercial interest.

Doubt away…….there's certainly no "commercial interest".

I'm putting in some big miles at the moment and i've had a very sore arse to be blunt, assos chamois cream in hot weather seem's to just evaporate and leave my rear end very vulnerable, anyway having seen the Endurance Bibs – they caught my eye straight away and technically look something that could assist me in being more comfortable while out putting my miles in!

Bloomin eck' – all because a man likes some shorts! 😆

BigDummy
    Free Member

If this is really not marketing it is just unutterably tragic.

Are there any other items that you don't own yet but that you are hopeful for a glorious commercial future for and feel the need to tell us about?

iPad? Rapha shaving kit maybe? The eagerly-awaited KFC world cup limited edition chicken zinger family bucket meal for 3 with a side of coleslaw and 2 litres of fanta?

🙂

KINGTUT
    Free Member

it is just unutterably tragic.

Welcome to STW.

romster
    Free Member

Lol @ BigD…….what are you really spitting feathers about?
    This thread has pretty much answered my questions hasn't it?

Quotes from my initial post……..

it will be interesting to see how far the road stuff goes

and more importantly whether they'll be taken seriously by the roadie lot for being such a big brand on the MTB scene for so long.

i wonder if they'll ever be on par or overtake the likes of; (in popularity order) Mavic/Castelli/Assos

poppa
    Free Member

The mind boggles.

njee20
    Free Member

They do our team kit, none of it lasts very well, zips break, they're usually stitched badly (detail on shorts is asymmetric etc), as such I'm not wild keen on spending out lots of money on their top end kit under the impression that it may be good.

I think that's a common problem frankly! There's plenty of other stuff out there I know will be good, why risk something that only 'may' be!

Militant_biker

I've got me the Gilet and the Helium jacket (which has actually been around before it was named in the Equipe range)

Can't vouch for the durability yet, as only had them a few months and not used them that much, but fit is excellent for a skinny bloke (6'1", 70kg). Not quite Assos, but still pretty good.

aP
    Free Member

The thing is that you don't realise that Endura came from a road background originally as TAL which people really rated, but then have rebranded themselves – and now very few people do rate it because the sizing is more random than Gap and the quality is laughable.

BigDummy
    Free Member

For the avoidance of doubt, I have absolutely no opinion on Endura road kit. I just want to know whether you've got their logo tattoo'ed just above your knob. 🙂

romster
    Free Member

I just want to know whether you've got their logo tattoo'ed just above your knob.

Ooh matron! I can clarify just for you BigD – i haven't mate. 😆

BigDummy
    Free Member

This can only be good news. 🙂

romster
    Free Member

My missus has never noticed it anyway ……. let's hope she never finds STW! 😆

druidh
    Free Member

Ok then, in summary…

romster – Member

Quotes from my initial post……..

it will be interesting to see how far the road stuff goes
    Not very

and more importantly whether they'll be taken seriously by the roadie lot for being such a big brand on the MTB scene for so long.

Not likely

i wonder if they'll ever be on par or overtake the likes of; (in popularity order) Mavic/Castelli/Assos

Not likely

MrOvershoot

Buzzlightyear – Member

I like the designs of Endura stuff, but not been impressed by the stitching.
    That sums it up really.

I have some Castelli kit that is getting on for 30 years old and its still in good order (apart from the rip on one shoulder following a crash)

Reluctant
    Free Member

I think peoples' cynycism here comes from the fact that Romster already sells clothing – albeit only t-shirts. It's only a small step to selling more techy clothes, and it looks as if he's canvassing opinion, but not being entirely transparent about it.Anyway…….
    My 2ps worth – I've never owned anything from Endura. The best quality, for fit and durability that I've owned is Pearl Izumi stuff.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 82 total)

The topic ‘Endura Equipe – New range of clothing from Endura to hit the Road Market……..’ is closed to new replies.