Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Endura baggies – which ones do you recommend?
  • RustySpanner

Always worn lycra on the MTB, but have recently bought some nice bibs and don’t want to ruin them in the gritty autumn and winter mud.

Mrs S has just got some Hummvee Lite baggies and loves ’em to bits.
    Got a good deal from our friendly, Endura stocking LBS, so I might just try a pair.

The Endura website lists so many similar models that I’m not sure which to go for.

Which ones are best for what?
    What do you use and which would you recommend?

Thanks in advance.

D0NK

I’ve got humvees and zymes. Both have needed a bit of stitching work think that’s due to catching a bolt on my bike tho, zymes are proper tough material, should last ages, shrug off a bit of splash from rear wheel, bit warm in summer but ok rest of the time. humvees are cooler, vents, useful pockets, nice and comfy. Few years old now and getting a bit thin on the derriere. Clickfast inner short system is ok, not tried others to compare against tho, works ok with standard lycra shorts aswell. Wierd sizing tho, iirc I’m XL humvees and inner shorts but M zymes.

scotroutes

I do like the Humvees. They are nice and lightweight so ideal for summer whether it’s warm (mesh venting) or raining (don’t soak up too much water).

jimi
    Free Member

I used the Humvees for the last couple of years,
    Had two pairs which i wore alternating days for a year riding 3-5hrs a day and both are still going strong. The liners with them are comfy as well but the new ones dont seem as durable as the less comfy older ones.

If you can get a good deal on them i’d go for it.

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

I have a set of HumVees and a set of Singeltracks. Both have been brilliant.

I picked up a new pair of HumVees in a shop the other day and didn’t think the quality was as good as the pair I bought a couple of years ago though. The pair I have has thick canvas type material in the wear areas and are unkillable, the new pair felt a bit flimsy in comparison.

footstomper
    Free Member

I am a bit of a hoarder when it comes to shorts but I usually pick out the Humvees most of the time as they are comfy & pretty tough, I found the shorts to be standard for sizing but the inners seem to be smaller for some reason.

RustySpanner

Thanks for the responses.

Are you all using the ‘Lite’ version of the Hummvees or the standard?

The standard ones weigh a ton!

turboferret

I’ve had a pair of Singletracks for years, still going strong.

Cheers, Rich

ahwiles
    Free Member

i’ve only got skinny legs, the Humvees look daft on me.

i prefer the ‘singletrack’ shorts, they’re less flappy, and appear to be indestructible.

nickc

Where endura are concerned I wouldn’t bother with anything other than mt500 or MTR otherwise the quality is pretty poor

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Standard 3/4 Humvees for me, now well into my second pair of ownership. I haven’t had any issues with their quality. They fit my >average leg size very well. Will probably repeat the purchase when these finally expire.

D0NK

Are you all using the ‘Lite’ version of the Hummvees or the standard?

dunno, never heard of lite before this thread, had em a few years dunno when lite came out.

The standard ones weigh a ton!

hmm mine don’t, certainly lighter than the zymes, sorry not much help.

rocketman
    Free Member

MT500 – One step away from lycra
    Singletracks – XC/trail crossover not particularly long or flappy
    Humvees – bigger, longer more relaxed version of the Singletracks
    Zymes – thick, heavy, cheap, noisy, indestructible
    DH – tough & light

thejesmonddingo

I’ve got the 3/4 zymes,great spring and autumn,too warm in summer,ok for winter with another layer underneath.
    Ian

spawnofyorkshire

I’ve got standard Hummvees i did need to size up for the inner, but i find the outer comfy enough for wearing out and about or for hiking
    It’s got a stupid popper instead of a button so i can’t wear them without a belt or i can have a few awkward moments

nicko74

I had Humvees and really liked them as versatile ‘all round’ shorts. When it’s really chucking it down they do tend to soak up water and get really flappy and a bit cold. They’re cut quite loose, too.

I switched to Singletracks. Different material, tighter cut round the legs (it’s like they’re a size smaller than the Humvees), more water-resistant, but IMHO not quite as versatile.

Both great shorts IME

lardman
    Free Member

got three sets of Humvee’s as i like the fit, and length. They’re all a bit prone to stitching coming undone tho, so quality wise… a bit patchy.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Endura baggies – which ones do you recommend?’ is closed to new replies.