Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Endura Baa-Baa Merino owners, please advise
  • fr0sty
    Free Member

Tried on of these on today and unlike my other base layers the Baa-Baa seemed quite loose around the chest and under arms.

Is this typical or was this one mis-shaped? I like my base layers form fitting and it really put me off. Felt a bit scratchy on the seems too..

What are your experiences?

ScottChegg
    Free Member

The only BaaBaa I have is socks, so they fit fine.

Dare I say, is it the right size? That doesn’t sound right. My Howies bases are very sleek and snug, with enough give to hug my chiselled torso.

tracknicko
    Free Member

mine is a touch scratchy. and a touch tight. but it is a small and i am not. (was in a bargain bucket at LBS)

wore it for the first time proper last night and it was toasty and snug.

well worth £10.

i have a howies similar baselayer, which was not £10. So far I’d say the baabaa was warmer. (unscientific, IMO etc etc.)

Green

My Baa-Baa isn’t as form fitting as my Icebreaker, more like a t-shirt fit I guess. I find it itchier than the Icebreaker too, but in use I have no problem with it.

I have to say the Icebreaker gets the most use, but they are a bit more expensive.

trail_rat
    Free Member

see i reach for my baabaa before my icebreaker ….

i have 2 x 150 weight icebreakers and 1 baabaa … much prefer the baabaa.

I like the looser fit.

Nobby

Mine fits ok but then I’m round in shape – not noticed it being scratchy either.

richmtb

mine fitted fine, but is now in the bin due to developing loads of holes, not overly impressed by it

fr0sty
    Free Member

Hmm, I really wanted to like it!

I had the Rapha one last year but it dissolved in the wash… guess I’ll keep looking.

Cheers folks.

tracknicko
    Free Member

if you want to sell then give us a nod!

enfht
    Free Member

Love mine but never wear it against the skin, too itchy.

MountainMutant
    Free Member

I have one and it fits ok and is slightly scratchier than my Rapha baselayers which I prefer.

However…

I wore it under my White Rapha longsleeved sportswool top and this happened when getting a bit sweaty!

I contacted Endura…who blamed Rapha! Endura finally sent a new one which performs well but I don’t trust it under the white top!

The dye washed out ok of the Rapha top

MM

Gotama
    Free Member

Arcteryx from snow and rock are superb in the merino stakes.

enfht
    Free Member

And don’t ever wash the baa baa, it will shrink to glove size.

Merino does not pong, its magic.

boltonjon

Had a black Baa Baa for 12 months now and love it – fairly slim fit, but not as tight as other synthetic base layers

I wear it as much off the bike as i do on it – super snug!!

LadyGresley
    Free Member

I’ve just bought two more Baa Baas after my four-year-old previous two have started to wear out, cos I wear one everyday in the autumn/winter/spring. Mine are a snug fit around my chest. 😳

nano
    Free Member

Hat only.. Fits the odd shaped Nano noggin very well though (from the sale bin in primevera sports – hat not head)

Mrs Nano loves her top and no issues so far..

thegiantbiker
    Free Member

It fits great except for the sleeves, which for a “long sleeve” XL actually come up a tad short.

13thfloormonk

Trail Rat, can you tell a difference in warmth between the 150 weight Icebreaker and the Baa Baa? I’ve only had BaaBaas but interested to know what the equivalent weight Icebreaker is.

Oh, and machine washing/frequently washing BaaBaas is very bad JuJu. I wash mine once every few months using woolen handwash liquid in the sink, they come out feeling all soft and lovely and don’t seem to get scratchy or disintegrate like when you machine wash them though. I still experienced a tiny bit of shrinkage in one though, wierd.

zippykona

My baa baa smells like a swamp. Too scared to wash it at more than 30.

proberts
    Free Member

I’ve got 3 long sleeve and a short sleee baa baa, I always wear them on rides, never scratchy…the only niggle I’ve got is they’ve all got holes in them…holes seem to appear after washing. Not a big deal as its just more ventilation

Blurboy
    Free Member

I use loose ish short sleeve BaaBaa tops, arm warmers and socks and they all get chucked in with everything else at 40 degrees. So far no issue with shrinkage and they seem to wear OK on use as well. I also prefer the looser fit of Endura. I also have some Howies base layers of various weights and these get the same treatment and these also have not shrunk. The Howies are used as base layers and are tighter fitting than Endura but I wear these under other kit so not a problem.
    Love Merino – brilliant stuff and my wife no longer bins my synthetic kit after a year because it stinks, despite boiling at silly temperatures!

Big-Pete
    Free Member

Can strongly recommend Smartwool base layers.

chives
    Free Member

BaaBaa short sleeve under a polo shirt for work today as it was a bit chilly; long sleeve one’s ideal under a jersey on the bike on a cold morning or on its own under a soft shell if it’s raining. Tried the socks a while back – cozy, but didn’t last five minutes (I do have to use an angle grinder on my toe nails). Love the tops though.

Also have a Sombrio merino jersey which is much looser fit, and really comfy (but you can’t put anything heavier than a tube in the rear pockets as it’s pretty stretchy). As already mentioned, best thing is being able to wear for a few days without smelling awful – good on biking hols.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Endura Baa-Baa Merino owners, please advise’ is closed to new replies.