Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • enduor race bike?
  • hunter2701
    Free Member

hi guys!towards the end of last year i raced abit of enduro, i usually race downhill but loved the concept or enduro due to how it incorperates all aspects of mountain biking.

anyway thats not why im here.
    i already have a stumpy evo 2011 and im looking to upgrade some things on it:
    stem
    brakes
    bars
    wheels
    seatpost
    you know the usual…i thought about just buying a new bike but i love my current one too much to do that.
    anyone got any sugestions on what stuff i could buy possibly from personal experience?

cheers guys!

hunter2701
    Free Member

oh and the fork…or maybe some off-set brushings?

singlespeedstu

I’d go for one of these is a wanted to enter some more Enduro events. 🙂

mega
    Free Member

I nailed Endor on this

hunter2701
    Free Member

great…i was looking for serious answers…but funny one “mega”

legend
    Free Member

Stumpy evo is a pretty sorted Endruo bike already. It’s also already got a 66.5 degree headangle hasn’t it? So you really want offset bushes on there too?

The fact that I have no idea whatsoever what parts you currently have makes it kinda difficult to recommend anything

thomthumb
    Free Member

what are you looking for in an upgrade?

weight loss? performance? something else.

there isn’t much of an upgrade to be had in a pair of bars, stem etc (other than weight) unless you don’t like the shape.

mega
    Free Member

no problem

I have a stumpy too – great bikes

I thought the idea of “enduro” racing was that it was a leveller and you could do well a wide variety of bikes. I’d say what you have now would be ideal.

What are you looking to get out of your upgrades?

stuff i’ve done that I’m glad I did
    – skills course
    – wide carbon bars (comfy)
    – uppdy downy post (versatile)
    – new wheels (original Rovals kept breaking)
    – tubeless tyres and changing tyres often to suit conditions

hunter2701
    Free Member

yeah what wheels u got on urs mega?
    also what bar/stem combo would u recomend as well?
    cheers

hunter2701
    Free Member

also ive always run a double and never a single but im wondering weather i should switch to a singlenow…cos so many others who race enduro do?

legend
    Free Member

when you raced, did you feel the need to go single? Otherwise leave two rings on there, gives the option to really cruise up some hills (between stages) if you want.

What’s wrong with your current bar/stem combo? Too high, too low, too long/short?

Or is this just all change for the sake of it?

hunter2701
    Free Member

its juat…it doesnt really feel agressive enough compared to the rest of the bike…ill probs need a shorter stem and wider bar…maybe a 740/50 wide…maybe!

legend
    Free Member

what length is on now? what width? I’m just enduro-ing on 685 bars and a 40mm stem at the moment, will probably go a little wider but not to the full 750 that I’ve got on the DH bike

hunter2701
    Free Member

yeah good point im running 750 on my dh bike also i think.
    ive got a 720 atm on my stumpy and and stem i think its like 50 or something

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘enduor race bike?’ is closed to new replies.