Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Endomondo woes
  • stayhigh

I had no problems locating satelites outside my house for months however for the last week it just hasnt had it at all. I have left my phone out in the garden for 40 minutes this evening with no joy at all in locking on to anything.

As a control I turned my Garmin on next to it which hooked up fine and all the other mapping apps I have (My Tracks, OS Lite, Open Map) all connect to a satelite.

It onneted fine outside of work when I left there but looking at the map screen on the phone it seemed to drop the signal towards the end of the ride. It still hasnt uploaded the ride either, I’ve kept it switched on eversince but 5 hours later and still nothing.

When I go to the History screen it shows the ride there. If I press and hold it a window comes up with Manual Upload as an option. When I press this nothing happens it jusr closes the window?

WTF??

Has anyone else had something similar or any advice it would be much appreciated.

🙂

DrDomRob
    Free Member

Have you downloaded all the latest updates?

stayhigh

I’ve just gone to go to the Market to check for updates but keep getting an error message “A network error has occurred. Retry or cancel to return to previou screen”

Not very helpful.

I’ll try the old turn it off and back on again trick.

shindiggy
    Free Member

Mine went a bit mental today, Average speed was correct at 18mph (Rode to work) top speed 13mph.

No probs in locking onto a sats though.

DrDomRob
    Free Member

Mine played up a while ago, it turned out that I had managed to switch it on to “power save” mode at some point. I switched this off and updated it, fixed the problem.

If there is a network error which hasn’t been there before then there could be something interacting between your phone and the program. Try a different GPS program to see if there is a problem with that as well.

stayhigh

Well after going through all my settings on the phone (HTC Wildfire) it appears that my mobile internet had been turned off.

I hadnt done this myself or at least knowingly so its a bit odd.

Its uyploaded the track now but still wont lock onto anything.

dobo
    Free Member

endomondo seems fairly accurate to me, did 32 miles on road today and all looked good. auto uploaded the route using my wireless once in the garage too..
    The website on the other hand is clunky and slow! really anoying and also doesnt have the option for cyclocross.
    I’m not actually sure why i use it as i have a 705 but there we go.

jam-bo

Gps is faulty or turned off.

Does it work in other apps?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Endomondo woes’ is closed to new replies.