Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Endomondo reliability?
  • _tom_
    Free Member

Used to use Endomondo on my Blackberry and was generally happy enough with it. Not totally accurate but good enough. Just got a new android phone today and gave it another go (having not used endo since august). Missed off the last 3rd of my short ride and seemed to mess up my average speed – looking back at the log the majority of my ride was about 19mph, but the average is showing 11mph with a straight tail-off on the speed graph:

Is this normal for endomondo now or is it my phone? Any other apps I should try? I quite like endomondo for the whole community thing and the monthly challenges.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Endomondo is a bit borked at the moment (website down etc), hopefully things shall improve.

_tom_
    Free Member

Ah ok I’ll keep at it and see if things improve then, the website seems to be working fine for me at the minute though.

toys19
    Free Member

I get the same with endomondo periodically, but I think its the gps thing in my phone as when I am using the built in sat nav it drops out too. On a bike it last for two miles and its a significant part of the ride, but when driving it’s just a couple of mins loss and you soon forget about it..

bruneep

Do you have low power mode enabled? If you do un tick it, but tick auto pause. Keeps your average speed up when you stop to talk bollocks.

mrchrist

I did two identical rides, one came out as 6km the other 12km… stopped using it after that.

qwerty
    Free Member

Why do i now have to keep force closing it? I didn’t have to before. I have Endomondo installed and upgraded to Endomondo Pro recently so now both are installed.

_tom_
    Free Member

Your phone is not going to sleep?

Don’t think so but I can’t see any options for turning a sleep mode on or off. GPS was on all the time when using endomondo..

apyates
    Free Member

have used it on my HTC for over a year and it works fine
    Strava is another excellent biking app that pits you against all the other users in timed segments

GregMay
    Free Member

Had issues with the Normal edition, none with the Pro version. Also have it talking to my HRM strap now. Running on a HTC Rhyme with the ANT+ chip.

chiefP
    Free Member

Try Strava, its a little more fun by having special timed segments.

Try it out once its back up

http://www.strava.com/

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Endomondo reliability?’ is closed to new replies.