Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Endomondo October challenge, all cycling!
  • MicArms

Hiya peeps,
    Just found that endomondo now lets you lump several sports together in the challenges. Sooooo this one is mtb, cycling sport, cycling wobbly biff style down to the shops and any other categories alllowed. (wonder if they’ ll expand it to filter out the gay wheels sizes too)

Endomondo October challenge

If anyone still feels the need for individual cats , fell your boots to set them up. Just place a link here to them.

Cheers.
    Mick

djflexure

Can we include, cough, erm – turbo sessions?

Just its cold outside Mic.

Plus there are those poor rutting deer to think of.

andytherocketeer

Is this one going to have 300+ non-STWers? (not sure how the last one did – maybe it was featured on the front page?)

LadyGresley
    Free Member

Are the 2 leaders on this challenge STWers? Or can I just ignore their mileages?

andytherocketeer

I’m doing the latter. Currently 13th even if it says 15th. Unless someone posts evidence.

MicArms

And boom, they’re gone..

trail_rat
    Free Member

endomondo does seem more comunity based in this respect …

i moved to strava but im fed up fighting with chaingangs for segments now (is using a TT bike cheating if theres 10 of them gunning for your time? )

i like the fact it notes the weather during the ride now as well.

GrahamS

Shame there isn’t a way to password protect a challenge.
    Can you make them invite only then post a link here or something?

(I’m in 12th at the mo by the way)

trail_rat
    Free Member

im not ranked at the moment

warpcow
    Free Member

Can you make them invite only then post a link here or something?

Other groups I’m in have required you to ‘friend’ an organizer, then the invite only goes out privately.

tarquin
    Free Member

I prefer Endomondo to Strava, have been a user of it for a few years now. The whole interface is just better.

The only thing I prefer on Strava is how it shows the gradient % of climbs and the competition!

GrahamS

I prefer Endomondo to Strava, have been a user of it for a few years now. The whole interface is just better.

They still have a few things wrong in Endomondo I reckon.

Why on earth can’t you view rides and get stats based on Route for instance?
    I want to select my commute route and see my stats just for that.

At least they finally started auto-naming rides based on the route they followed, that’s a step forward.

And the app could do with some tweaks (notification when friends are riding; night-mode so you can have the screen on after dark; big easier to read numbers for use on the bike; ability to add/edit notes on a ride etc).

tarquin
    Free Member

Why on earth can’t you view rides and get stats based on Route for instance?
    I want to select my commute route and see my stats just for that.

I don’t get what you mean?

Go to workouts, select your commute workout.

Then it will display on the RHS:

Start Time
    Distance
    Duration
    Avg Speed
    Max Speed
    Calories
    Elevation
    Heart Rate
    Cadence

It will show you a map of the route on the LHS, and under the map a line graph showing your speed/cadence/hr etc. Then this can be split into Laps, which will show you the time for each individual KM. If you mouse over these, then it highlights that KM on the map.

Once uploaded you can add notes and your friends can comment on your workout.

GrahamS

I don’t get what you mean?

Yeah but that is just that one “Workout”.

What I’d like to do is select my “Commute to Work” route and see personal bests and my averages. Like you get when you go to http://www.endomondo.com/stats/ but only for Workouts along that Route, not all Workouts.

Currently the only thing you can get from a Route is your best time (as Route Champion).

Basically what I want to know is “Is my average time improving on my commute?”

Not “Is my average time for all cycling improving when I include family rides with a child trailer and Sunday pootles to the pub” 🙂

GrahamS

While I’m at it: the Ahead/Behind By feature of the app is crap too as it seems to base it on extrapolating from your current speed, rather than how long it took you to get to the same point last time.

So say you ride through a valley: while you’re going downhill it will say your well ahead, then when you hit the uphill you’ll suddenly be behind.

LadyGresley
    Free Member

And boom, they’re gone..

Ah, good, that makes me 7th – at the moment 🙂

trail_rat
    Free Member

I exported my october rides out of strava into endomondo – its still only showing todays rides i recorded on the app.

The imported gpx rides aint showing up ? Does it just take time

MicArms

Trail rat. Yep, bit of a delay on uploading gpx before they are added to challenges.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Oke dokie.

Dne a few miles this month so far , on red alert for traveling to turkmenistan for 5 weeks any time now 🙁

trail_rat
    Free Member

yay – turns out i had to tick the box “include in statistics”

andytherocketeer

And boom, they’re gone..

Ah, good, that makes me 7th – at the moment

And I plunged down the table (from 13th to 24th in a day)…. because some extra STWers joined and/or logged some rides? or?

trail_rat
    Free Member

and like that i was out ….

flying to turkmenistan on wednesday 🙁

tarquin
    Free Member

Some guy from Bangladesh is beating us all by quite a way on distance! Down in 14th and I can’t even blame poor weather in Aus, if anything it’s too hot.

bruneep

Saw on the leaders profile a spam email

http://www.endomondo.com/profile/7169579

grace johnson Hello
    My name is Grace Johnson
    i saw your profile today(endomondo.com)and became interested in you,i will also like to know you the more,and i want you to send an email to my email address so i can give you my picture for you to know whom i am.Here is my email address (Gracejohnson203@yahoo.com)
    I believe we can move from here!I am waiting for your mail to my email address above.
    Grace.
    (Remeber the distance or colour does not matter but love matters alot in life)
    please contact me here (Gracejohnson203@yahoo.com)

Is he a stw’er?

andytherocketeer

that grace johnson gets about a lot. google that email addy and the same text comes up for 1000’s of endomondoers.
    can’t believe the person in #1 spot is a STWer. don’t know of any in bangladesh.

MicArms

And another one bites the dust..

GoatKarma
    Free Member

Only a few days to go! Was reallly close at the top but some American dude just joined and kicked all our asses 😆

MicArms

did a selective cull over the last few days..

1st Andrew Wilson, 887.64miles.
    2nd David Toulson, 821.86miles
    3rd Will Beresford, 720.44miles

bit of an epic/ pointless scrap between me and Steve ( Mr Tall) for 12/ 13th place last night… ending up with a 20 mile extended commute in the rain, then Steve countered with a 2.5 mile ride at 10PM, and I dragged my arse back out for 1.7 miles at 10:45PM to pip him by .69miles FTW.

New challenge added for November..

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Endomondo October challenge, all cycling!’ is closed to new replies.