Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Endomondo Have "Joined Forces" with Coca-Cola!
  • GrahamS

Endomondo just announced on their Facebook page that they have “teamed up with The Coca-Cola Company and Powerade”

Official press release here: http://blog.endomondo.com/2012/10/24/endomondo-and-the-coca-cola-company-join-forces-to-encourage-more-people-to-get-active-and-have-fun-along-the-way/

Wow! Haven’t seen a bigger sell out since howies sold its soul to Cat. 😕

druidh
    Free Member

I’m failing to see what the problem is. Don’t lots of folk drink flat coke during endurance events?

paddy0091
    Free Member

who?

wrightyson
    Free Member

Then strava’s got to be red bull!!

jambalaya
    Free Member

oh dear. Biggest sell out has to be Innocent Smoothies to Coke, just plain wrong

GrahamS

who?

Endomondo. It’s an app and website that folk use to track rides and exercise.
    Quite a few folk on here use it and we have STW Members Only challenges.

seven
    Free Member

It’s not like they have been bought out, just raising their profile

really who cares, it’s all capitalism big or small

and for the record Howies sold out to Timberland (and have since bought themselves back, so independent again)

druidh
    Free Member

Coca Cola. It’s a large, international drinks company.

Jamie
    Free Member

who?

Who is Coke?..or who is Endomondo?….or who is posting ‘who?’ to show just what an awesome non-googling hipster they are?

RobHilton
    Free Member

Biggest sell out has to be Innocent Smoothies to Coke

Or The Black Eyed Peas to the pop industry?

Not that they were great before, but they had a decent sized following. Mind you I don’t really like smoothies either – maybe there’s a connection? Hmmm….

GrahamS

Comments on this story on their Facebook page suggests quite a few users are not pleased by this at all.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

@GrahamS, sorry, I had to! Was worth the (almost polite) warning as well!

I suspect you were more amused than teh modz! 🙂

Jamie
    Free Member

Comments on this story on their Facebook page suggests quite a few users are not pleased by this at all.

They need to chill out. Maybe with an ice cold coke.

GrahamS

@GrahamS, sorry, I had to! Was worth the (almost polite) warning as well!
    I suspect you were more amused than teh modz!

😉 didn’t bother me flashy. Not sure why it got pulled so quick.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Apparently “pointless”. I thought it was rather amusing! 🙂

retro83
    Free Member

November challenge: Drink the most Coca-Cola. The more cans you have logged the better odds you’ll have – to get diabetes

🙂

GrahamS

Endomondo are already firefighting on Facebook:

Endomondo: Thanks for all the comments – we can see this has started some worried minds. First of all, we are still the same Endomondo, an independent company, who strives to make the best sports tracking app and fitness community. Second, we are not telling you to drink Coca-Cola, drink what you prefer to drink when you do sport. The Coca-Cola Company is an interesting partner who can help promote Endomondo, so we can develop our service and make it even better for all you guys. Our intention here is to tie into Powerade, which is a Coke product that promote sports. We look at this as an opportunity to help promote an active and a healthier lifestyle around the world. We appreciate all your feedback – it shows that you care and that’s important to us.

Oh it’s okay, it’s Powerade, not sugary rubbish.

druidh
    Free Member

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-20030370
    Irn-Bru firm AG Barr sponsors Glasgow 2014 Games

Bez

Irn-Bru firm AG Barr sponsors Glasgow 2014 Games

Yeah, but to be fair, one of the new events for that games is the Deep-Fried Heroin 200m Freestyle.

wrecker
    Free Member

Wow! Haven’t seen a bigger sell out since howies sold its soul to Cat.

You mean timberland? Think they’re independent again now though. Although not owned by that gobshite any more.

GrahamS

Yeah Timberland. Knew it was one of the soulless big names.
    Howies are now back to being independent again, after apparently not fitting in with the big corp culture.

I see coke have at least sweetened the deal by giving away prizes in a challenge. Oh how easily people are bought (I’ve signed up natch. I’ll fight the system from within)

Speaking of challenges: I’ve just created a new one for Winter Commuters if anyone is interested.
    http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/new-endomondo-challenge-for-the-winter-commuters-out-there

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Endomondo Have "Joined Forces" with Coca-Cola!’ is closed to new replies.