Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Endomondo – Does the length of a mile look wrong on this route?
  • FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I went out on a run last night, and the first mile took about 14 mins (should have been the easiest mile). I could be wrong, but on the route it certainly looks that mile 1 is longer than mile 2, and mile 2 is shorter than mile 1 or 3 ?!? Is there any way you can truely check?

I’ve tried laying a piece of string over the route and it certainly appears wrong doing it that way, but its not particularly scientific.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

bump…

samuri
    Free Member

Export the gpx info into a new file, then read that into another online mapping program like biketoaster or better yet, a PC based mapping program like tracklogs. Endomondo is often out by quite a bit, especially with height.

What device were you using to map? Are you Pro? The battery saving option reduces accuracy a great deal IME.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    stevehine

There’s a glitch / missing segment in the GPS data – straight line from shortly after Hazel Head Wood until after you crossed Hawksworth Road…

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I’m actually BETA testing a new version of Endo, as currently its pretty rubbish on a Nokia Lumia.

Before I emailed them the details (of yet another issue) I thought I better check…

just wondered if it was me going mad..

nedrapier

One thing I’ve always wondered about GPS tracking: (and I suspect this is an obvious question) does it take height loss/gain into account?

For example, if you go 5 miles straight down a 3 in 4 slope, does it tell you you’ve gone 5 miles, or 4?

Does it need to be clever to do that, or is all GPS data 3 dimensional? Would say, the GPS speedo on my phone give me the speed based using the 5 miles or 4?

Cheers!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Endomondo – Does the length of a mile look wrong on this route?’ is closed to new replies.