Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Endomondo
  • marcel
    Free Member

Hey guys and gals,

Firstly Hi, I’m new on here, was out riding this morning and bumped into a fellow cyclist, had a chat, took him on a bridlepath he never been on and he recomended I visit here.

Anyway I have just uploaded Endomondo on my phone and have 3 rides under my belt on it, do any of you use, how do you get on. Have you got friends on it, and how does that work.

Cheers

Marcel

RealMan
    Free Member

and he recomended I visit here.

Christ, what did you do?

anto164
    Free Member

Yep. I started using it recently and have been tracking my recent rides.

http://www.endomondo.com/profile/1479264

That’s my profile

marcel
    Free Member

Christ, what did you do?

I don’t think he liked my route.

anto164 i’ve requested you as a friend.

Marcel

We’ve got a monthly STW Endomondo Challenge going.
    http://www.endomondo.com/challenges/1664807

chvck
    Free Member

I use it too, it’s pretty cool for mapping and timing though I don’t trust the speeds it gives at all. I find it to be pretty accurate too, in one of my rides I can see where I flew off the side of a trail down down a bit of a ravine!

marcel
    Free Member

I like it, is that a work thing or just a group of mates.

It’s for anyone on this forum to log their mountain bike mileage, you’re welcome to join.
    Most people seem to use their real name on Endomondo and a silly made up name on here, so it’s hard to know who’s who.
    I’m the good looking chap in the black & green jersey.

samuri
    Free Member

[

Splendid, I’ll join if I may, Jon Wyatt. I’m not sure if you need to accept me or not. I’ve joined but don’t appear in the list yet…

sharki
    Free Member

Same here joined but not on the list, been using it for about 6 weeks now.

Mapping from the garmin seems more accurate than from the smart phone i think.

JasonDS

Are you uploading workouts to it and setting the sport type as Mountain Biking? If not then it won’t show on the Challenge.

sharki
    Free Member

I just ammended a few as they showed as cycling not Mountain biking.

warpcow
    Free Member

Oooh, just joined. Appeared on the list after a couple of minutes.

What Jason said. Rides generally appear straight away on your Workouts page, but sometimes take a few minutes to show on the challenge.
    Marcel and Jon are on there now and Sharki’s straight in at number 3.

I can’t remember who started it in January. Usually, when it gets to the end of the month, if no one else has started a new one, I do.
    If you’re on my Friends list on there, you’ll get an invite to the next one, or you can just look for the link in the Comments section on the old one.

samcamsdad

been using endomondo since april, but its not been working recently. its clocking up the time but not the miles. not sure if its a problem with my gps or its at there end.

samuri
    Free Member

That’s a bit rubbish. 😉 I’d be in at number one if it included all rides. I always forget to set the type of cycling so virtually all my rides get registered as ‘cycling transport’.

You can edit them.
    I upload all my rides from my Garmin, which defaults to Cycling.
    I edit them to Mountain Biking and usually add “Single Speed” in the comments box. 😉

samuri
    Free Member

well I don’t want to ruin the ethos here. Is all rides acceptable even if they’re not mountain biking? Most of my rides are on a cyclocross bike and do generally include more offroad than on.

We’ve discussed what rides count before and never come up with a definitive answer.
    I think it was agreed that any mountain bike ride with a significant proportion off road counted.
    I log trailquests (did I mention I ride trailquests ?) which can be half on roads.
    Other people ride on the road to get to and from their local trails, then log the whole lot.
    I don’t think we’ve had a cyclocrosser before.
    I’m all for inclusiveness. If it’s a mostly off road route, then I don’t see it matters what type of bike it is.

That’s just my opinion. I don’t make the rules.

chvck
    Free Member

Can I add a bit of a wildcard? Can we map street rides? 😉

stayhigh

Sounds like good fun, ill join for a giggle. I won’t edit 2days road commute ill wait 4 tomorrows off tax bonanza instead 😀

marcel
    Free Member

Went from 18th to 15th and now 16th. need to get some more rides in methinks.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Endomondo’ is closed to new replies.